Ability to add progress photos

Please can you add a feature to let us add progress photos to weight/body fat trackers? Photos are brilliant as sometimes weight can be misleading to progress.

13 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner!

This is an interesting idea! Thank you very much for sharing your feedback.

Let's keep an eye on what other Forum members have to say about it.

Hezxxx
First Steps

I  was just googling to see if this was possible. I think it would really help. Would like it to be private, for my eyes only!

Torii
Jogger

I think the ability to add private progress photos when logging weight would be very helpful- at the moment I’m having to do this on another app

LenaLenaLena
First Steps

Why is this not an existing feature? I don't rely on weight as a sole determining factor in my weight loss journey. Photos help tremendously as memory is unreliable. I'm currently having to use another app for this and it's quite bothersome. Seems like something that would have been implemented by now.

scrappycoco
Jogger

Any update to this in the last 18 months?

GarnerMan_XCI
First Steps

I think this feature would be a great improvement to the app. 

It would be much better if we could privately store progress photos in the app next to our weight logs to see continued progress and then when we are confident and ready, we can then share the before and after photos with the community. 

Right now I’m being forced to log photos in another app or on my phone with no related information.  

Being able to Do all of the above in one app would be a much better experience for users overall I feel. 

I hope this feature is added to fitbit soon. 

thanks for reading. 

healthnewbie1
Jogger

I agree that this feature would be a great improvement to the weight tracking portion of the app. I do not want all of my friends to see my progress photos as I'm a private person. I am also being forced to use another app to log progress photos. 

Narkanin
Jogger

it’s been two years how is this not a feature yet? Progress pictures are the de facto best way to see results as weight doesn’t usually show the whole picture. 

mliftsnskates
First Steps

+1 to this! This feature would be more useful for me than the entire community tab.....!

BlueberryT
Recovery Runner

I agree. Please add Headspace so that we can sync our mediations. Thanks 😊 

annalauram
First Steps

I'm also interested in this feature! MyFitnessPal offers it, but I'd prefer to track all of my data through a single app, ie Fitbit.

JulianaMM
First Steps

Is this feature now available? How can we get it prioritized?

Thanks 

DreamDolphin
First Steps

Let's just get this done please. I'm sick of using 3 different tracking apps none in the Fitbit OR Google system to be able to add progress pics to look back that align with my measurement dates on smart scales so I can see what's working what was working what doesn't etc. Private progress pics are essential to all of the data capturing that make up the entire "picture" thx team - Dolph 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.