Ability to change tap/display sensitivity on Charge 5

I‘d like to see a setting to change how hard you need to tap the screen to get the Charge 5 to turn on:turn off alarms, etc.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

10 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @HHM82, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the ability to change display sensitivity on Charge 5. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Wibby
Interval Runner

That's a great idea as many people seem to be having problems with sensitivity, especially with the water lock function.

denmcn
Jogger

I completely agree. I have to literally hit my charge 5 screen a number of times before it responds….and that is just to wake the screen up. I know I could set it to always on, but I don’t want that option either - just want to be able to see the screen with the flick of my wrist or ONE light tap

Len3000
First Steps

i had the issue when settings where on sleepmodus. When turned of its very responsible 

sheilamkeeling
First Steps

I would like to be able to tap my Fitbit change 5 lightly and get the info I need. Not hit it so hard I worry about breaking it. I did not have this issue with my charge 2. Please fix this issue, it makes using the Charge 5 a pain and not worth recommending it to anyone. 

drbeatrix
Jogger

Have to tap hard to get it to come on, and it's even worse when you put on a watch face shield!  Please find a way to allow us to increase sensitivity to touch.

CardioNut
Jogger

Mine is over-sensitive to the point of deactivating my treadmill workout because my windbreaker sleeve brushed the screen. Irritating as hell.

RevRV
First Steps

Agreed, would be wonderful to be able to select the sensitivity needed to activate screen of Charge5, didn't have an issue with my Charge2.

BigStepper2
First Steps

This is the feature that caused me to stop using my Charge 5. Like someone else said:  "I have to literally hit my charge 5 screen a number of times before it responds….and that is just to wake the screen up." I can't fight with a watch display just to know what time it is. 

Kimchi23
First Steps

I am also having this problem with the charge 5. I miss that the charge 2 had a button to use when the screen wasn’t sensitive enough to use my finger. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.