Ability to hide stats on Charge 3

Please allow the ability to hide certain stats (or turn off and on) on the display of the Charge3. I do not want to scroll through all of the stats each time, nor do I want anyone around me to know my weight or how many days until my next period! This is almost a deal breaker for me...Love my new Fitbit but thinking of returning to my old Alta due to this issue.

42 Comments
Grumpy-WV
Jogger

My uses of the Fitbit Charge 3 is sleep, watch and steps.  

--I would like to be able to add and remove the apps displayed on the charge 3 which I do not use.

I started out with the Flex to monitor my sleep. 

I moved to a Charge 2 to get the watch feature allowing me to have one device attached to my wrists.  Use of the stop watch was disappointing since I could not see the time while it was running-- a feature on my separate watch.

--My Charge 2 stopped syncing and you replaced it under warranty. 

--This happened a second time out of warranty; you offered a refurb Charge 2 for almost $100 or discounts on models I was not interested in.  I would have expected a discount on the upgraded Charge 3 but it was not offered.

I purchase a Versa to get the additional ability to listen to podcasts on my hearing aide.  After troubleshooting 2 long phone sessions and one chat session, you would not replace it without more trouble shooting time. After reading the syncing difficulties, I just returned it for a Charge 3.  I dgavbe up the podcast options which I had not figured out anyway.

I ran into the same syncing difficulties with the Charge 3.  You replaced it under warranty afte phone troubleshooting.  With my Charge 2, I used my PC to sync to my online account, where I paid the $29/yr for premium to download my data in a form to compare with my CPAP data.  With this Charge 3, I did manage to sync with my android phone to see the data on my account on the PC.  Sync automatic syncing used battery on both my android and the Charge 3, I put in on manual.   It is a workable--nto preferred--method.  

Now if I could get  features that were on the Charge 2, I would consider the Charge 3 an upgraded product. 

--I would like to see an option showing the status of the battery charge on the Charge 3.  I do not live with my phone to sync and display battery status.  This was a feature in the Charge 2. 

--I would like to see a screen choice that shows the time, day of week, and date in a large font.  Being 3/4 of a century old and using it while active, I would prefer not stopping and locating a pair of my reader glasses to be sure what is displayed. This was a feature on the Charge 2.

Sileep monitoring is the primary reason I purchased Fitbits.

--I would like to be able to see it displayed on the Charge 3 as an app.  

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Grumpy-WV! Thanks for sharing those ideas. We wanted to let you know that one of the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see it here:

You also had shared a unique suggestion, so we have retitled and relabelled your original post here to reflect that idea. Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @mstone3! We look forward to hearing what other community members think. Robot wink

+

WilmaDD
Recovery Runner

I'd like to add "REORDER" as well as hide.

ham-i-am
Recovery Runner

Like a lot of users, I'm disappointed with the selection of clock faces for the Charge 3. This new update (Dec. 2018) didn't help at all. Two of the watch faces (3D Clock and Interlaced) are seriously ugly. And none of the faces can show at a glance the information that most of us want to have:

Time

Date

Steps

Heart rate

It shouldn't be that hard to put all of this on a single screen.

That said, Mod Clock comes closest to providing the information I want. It's not ideal, but I wouldn't mind tapping the watch once to toggle between steps and heart rate. The problem is, you can't just toggle back and forth. You tap it once to move from steps to heart rate, and then you have to tap it FIVE MORE TIMES to return to your steps. This is ridiculous. Meanwhile, you're progressing through stats that you can already access by scrolling. Why this redundant information? It's a waste of time.

The old Fitbits used to allow you to turn off the stats that we didn't want to see on our device. I want to be able to *scroll* through most of these stats. I do NOT want to have to also tap through them all just to toggle between steps and heart rate.

Drifloon
Recovery Runner

The new Mod Clock is a duplicate of Mod Clock Date.

It makes more sense for Mod Clock Date so have a static date at the top as requested by users, and then have a tappable/scrollable steps/HR/other data at the bottom.

Mod Clock should be reverted to pre-update so it shows Steps and HR as before.

I think this would satisfy people who want to have the date viewable, and will keep people happy who preferred the old Mod Clock.

Dhobbs
Jogger

I agree. I want mod clock back the way it was. They should make a new clock face instead of changing the original.

essloane
Base Runner

Please, just bring back the Analog Stat with the steps at the top and the heartrate at the bottom. I don’t have the time to tap the screen to get my stats in the middle of boot camp holding weights, I don’t want to see all my stats and I don’t NEED TO SEE THE DATE ALL DAY LONG!!!! It is a fitness device. Not a calendar. The old Analog Stat face was perfect for me and now it is useless. 

Miselaineous
Recovery Runner

Yes, that’s what I want as well: analogue clock face with steps at the top & heart rate at the bottom.  Cannot understand why this was removed/changed.

markbestwick
Stepping Up

I agree. This was an option on my original Charge HR. I only want to tap through or see my steps / HR. Please update this along with the screen remaining on longer. It times out before it has even connected to GPS when going on my bike or for a run!

@mstone3 wrote:

Please allow the ability to hide certain stats (or turn off and on) on the display of the Charge3. I do not want to scroll through all of the stats each time, nor do I want anyone around me to know my weight or how many days until my next period! This is almost a deal breaker for me...Love my new Fitbit but thinking of returning to my old Alta due to this issue.

C8612
First Steps

Seriously annoyed at the unnecessary charge 3 update. 

1. I’m over 50 and can see the analog face the easiest

2. I was thrilled with the many analog options when I first bought this new device 

3. I want the original analog face back and I want it now - if it ain’t broke don’t “fix” it Fitbit people who are probably all under 30. Wait til your eyeballs get old and then you’ll understand!  

4. See 1-3 and get on with it!!

time, steps, heart rate and date

simple!

Soul4
Jogger

Please remove the weight from Charge 3 display.  It is totally unacceptable to have this display on my wrist.  Drop the mic.

J0hnE
Base Runner

A great idea, I’ll never use the weather , relax options nor will I ever check my weight, water intake or days I’ve achieved my exercise regime via my device. I’d like to remove the options not just hide them.

Justin_Mer
First Steps

Yes, that’s what I want as well: analogue clock face with steps at the top & heart rate at the bottom. The new clock faces I my give stats I don’t care about and they aren’t the nicest looking. Seems like the developers developed without a designer or maybe the designers got crazy and just launched these faces. Who allowed this?

fitbit charge 3 is not making me a happy camper at all and I was OBSESSED with the charge 2....

aht116
First Steps

YES! It gets really annoying, especially when you try to look at your heart rate right after a workout. You have to scroll through 5 different things you don't even care about or look at to get to the heart rate part, and by then your heart rate has already gone down significantly because you're in resting by that point

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I completely agree! I just upgraded to the Charge 3 from the Charge 2, and am very disappointed to learn that I can not customize the display of the tracker. I do not want to see stats like weight, calories, and water consumed on my tracker. I don’t need the focus on weight and calories. On the Charge 2 I could choose which of these items would be visible on the tracker.  Please make this possible!  Thank you.

BobWellington
Base Runner

It's weird they don't have a clockface with those 4 stats since the Charge 2 had the option.

truthinbeer
Base Runner

It's a fitness device, not a watch. Give us fitness and HR numbers that over 40's/50's can actually read!

I don't want to take my reading glasses when I go running.

PurrFekt
Stepping Up

I just got my Charge 3 for Christmas. I have been using my Charge 2 for almost a year now. After reading this, I am leery of switching. I, too, do not want my weight, water intake, calories or period information on my wrist. I am pleased with the options being available, but I prefer using the app to check those things when I choose to do so.

griggers
First Steps

Another vote for this option. I don't want my weight, calorie intake or periods on display. Let us customise our devices, please!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @ham-i-am and commenters, great suggestion. Having this option in our trackers would be awesome. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Drifloon! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing.  I've moved it into a similar suggestion. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

Tzvar79
First Steps

Another vote for being able to hide/remove things I don't want to see from my display. Can't believe it's not already and option.

Eynatfe
First Steps

I agree. I have no intentions of tracking my water and in fact removed it from my dashboard altogether. Having to be "confronted" with my weight each time I want to check a stat is unpleasant. I would also opt to reordering the sequence in a way that makes sense to me. 

Illnos
Jogger

As the original poster suggested, we want a watch face similar to the Charge 2 that shows:

Time

Date

Steps

Heart rate

This has been discussed several hundred times by the community. No comment yet from fitbit. Instead they released a bunch of garbage designs that interns probably created while the decision makers probably took the last few weeks of the year off.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.