Ability to send a quick reply to recent contacts using Alexa

Hello! I have an android phone and I love using the voice text/quick reply on my fitbit Versa 2.

What I would love to see is a quick list of my most recent contacts with the ability to send them a 'quick reply' or voice text them. If this isn't possible, then maybe update Alexa to be able to include this. Alexa already has the ability to read contacts so hopefully this can be something they can add in the future.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and label

10 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jingle93, thank you for your excellent suggestion. I have no doubt that others will like this idea.

gclendon
Jogger

Yes please, this is a must! My old Pebble smartwatch could do this, and I used it a lot to send quick messages to my recent contacts - it was a really invaluable feature and would be great to have on the Versa.

andiellen7
Recovery Runner

Agree! I would also like this feature!

Dominik2308
Jogger

On the Versa 2 it is possible to reply to messages by voice which is great. However I also want to be able to send completely new messages by telling alexa "send message to <name of contact> <text>" 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Dominik2308! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Kiski69
First Steps

Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be able to send a quick reply to a text!!!  Please add this. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I love the fact that I can reply to a text message sent to me on my Versa 2 using the microphone but am very disappointed that I am not given the option to send a NEW text to one of my contacts. Please look into adding the feature of downloading my contact list and being able to send any of my contacts a new text message onmy Versa 2. It only makes sense to be able to have this feature added. Thank you!

Kiski69
First Steps
Can I send a quick text reply on my Versa 2 by speaking and using the microphone somehow??

Sent from my iPhone
annnnnnna.b
Jogger
I would like there to be an app available on the versa 2 that allows you to reply to texts. There is already a microphone in the device and it is connected to my texts, so you could make an app that allows you to reply to texts with your voice. The device has great voice recognition so you could use that to allow versa 2 users to reply to texts.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @annnnnnna.b, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to reply messages with voice text using Alexa. You can reply to a message with your voice by tapping the microphone on the display of your Versa 2, see this on the manual page 36. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.