Able to edit distance for treadmill activities on Fitbit app

We want the possibility to edit the distance for treadmill activities.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
19 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Manneman, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to edit distance for treadmill activities on the Fitbit app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

IonaTu
First Steps

Yes, being able to edit treadmill runs is very important. Curently Fitbit records with about 20% less distance, which is hugely innacurate.

ShivSkills
Jogger
Allow the Fitbit to get more accurate treadmill distance by letting the user input the distance as shown on the treadmill. Meaning by the end of the workout you can click a calibrate button on the watch and input the distance the treadmill says. So next you go on the treadmill, your distance will me more accurate.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ShivSkills, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to edit the distance for your treadmill activities with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support, we'll keep tracking this request over time.

Disco_King
Jogger
I would like the option to manually enter the distance for my treadmill runs.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject for clarity.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Disco_King, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about allowing users to edit distances on recorded treadmill exercises. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

safaval1
First Steps
I learned that, if I am on treadmill, it won't track distance since it doesn't move to another place. But if it tracks, it has discrepancy since it won't use GPS to track the distance correctly.
Could this be added as a option that one can toggle? Miles via GPS or Miles calculated based on step.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @safaval1, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to track distance based on steps for treadmill exercise. I've moved your post into this request since you will see distance using the "Treadmill" option from the "Exercise app" on your Fitbit device. You don't have the option to edit this information at the moment, but you can learn more about how Fitbit calculates distance hereClick on the thumbs-up to show your support for this suggestion.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

npags
First Steps
Fitbit users should be able to rely on their smartwatch to track their treadmill distance accurately. However, this isn’t the case. So, we should be able to manually edit the distance in the Fitbit app after a workout so that those miles aren’t lost! It’s winter! Lots of us are training indoors these days and need the accuracy to stay motivated!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @npags, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to edit distance for treadmill activities on Fitbit app. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

MS.
First Steps

This is a change that so many people want and wouldn't take more than 5 minutes to implement! Already one can edit an autodetected activity to "Treadmill" and enter the distance, so the database capacity is there. It's simply a UI tweak. Then, if Fitbit wants to improve the UX, it can learn from this data and adjust the assumed stride length.

Please make it so that we can edit the distance of a treadmill run or walk. The estimate is rarely accurate.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @fitafter50forev, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to edit distance for treadmill/run/walk activities on Fitbit app. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

yomc1208
Jogger
Prior to 2/6/23, adding a Treadmill exercise in the app gave the same options to enter as run/walk with Start time, Duration, Calories and Distance. Now when adding a Treadmill entry, there is only enter Start Time, Duration and Calories and NOT Distance. Add Distance back in again, please!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @yomc1208, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a distance field when manually logging your treadmill activities on the Fitbit app with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

jpowell_97
First Steps

My Fitbit app (Android) recently updated (Sept 2023) and while it looks like I've been given the ability to adjust the miles on my logged treadmill workouts, every time I try, it just reverts to the logged milage which is super inaccurate. Previously, I just manually logged a treadmill workout after the fact with the correct milage, however, with the update, the Treadmill Manual Log option no longer gives me the ability to log miles, just Start Time, Duration and Energy burned. While it was annoying to need to recreate every treadmill walk (I walk 3-6 miles on my walking treadmill at my desk every day while working), I was fine with it but now there's NO way for me to log my miles. It's incredibly frustrating to have Fitbit reporting 2.88 miles when I actually walked 4.28 and have no way to correct it. Please either fix the milage edit for logged activity or give me back the ability to manually report my treadmill miles. 

jpowell_97
First Steps

Adding to my post from a few days ago: I've started manually logging the Walking activity instead of the Treadmill activity to accurately log my milage but the Heart Rate and Zone information doesn't automatically get pulled into the manually logged activity like it used to so I'm forced to choose between accurate mileage and HR data. I still can't change the milage on my logged activity (Treadmill or Walk). This update is super frustrating for me; why does Fitbit make it so difficult to be able to track my walking treadmill milage? 

Jweimn55
First Steps

This isn't something that should be relegated to getting enough votes for Fitbit to care. EVERY other fitness tracking wearable allows this. Even Samsung health which is free to use at no charge. Yet the company that wants us to pay 80 dollars a year refuses to simply add a few lines of code to the app to allow users to either confirm their treadmill distance or edit the distance in the app unless enough random people stumble onto here and click the thumbs up button? 

Extremely disappointing 

nick545
First Steps

Seems odd that there is no way to accurately record your treadmill mileage.

I am new to pixel/fitbit. Definitely a missing feature that prevents me from continuing premium or using fitbit as my primary fitness tracker.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.