Able to edit floors climbed

Ability to edit floors climbed and steps associated with those floors is not available in any of the Fitbit devices.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

6 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Kchapman08, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to edit floors climbed on the Fitbit app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Guy_
Space Racer

HI @Kchapman08 - as floors has only an informative value and can often be incorrect, editing it would not provide any really useful health indications.

In order to edit it it would be necessary manually count floors which at the end of the day is purely of historic value and could be retained in any app, such as Sheets.

Kchapman08
First Steps

Isn’t all of the data being collected of historic value? I could count steps, duration of time and my heart beat and keep it in a spreadsheet too. 
Add the ability to edit floors and steps to the Stairclimber exercise, seems like a much requested ask.

Guy_
Space Racer

@Kchapman08- it could be quite a lot of work trying to keep count of floors just to enter them in the app, when floors are no particular value for following your health, whereas the other data is automatically recorded and is important for health trends. It should be noted that floors also get counted, say when walking up hills, and trying to work how many equivalent flights that would be is no mean task.

Kchapman08
First Steps

Sometimes it’s not practical to be outside walking up hills. I use a stair climber periodically for my daily work out. None of my steps or flights are counted. The stair climber machine tracks this. I would like the ability to take the information from the stair climber, the floors and the steps, and enter it in my stair climber activity in my Fitbit. The Fitbit allows me to edit the stair climber activity, but only the duration of the activity. Why not add relevant fields for this stair climber activity as well: floors climbed and steps.

Guy_
Space Racer

@Kchapman08- I see, have you considered using a chest strap extension for your watch capable of recording steps. I got some all round good readings using it.

As regards floors it would be nice to manually record them with your activity as the watch can't do that. Unfortunately it is pretty unlikely that floors [for an activity] will ever be editable and would get mixed up with any other floors measured by the end of the day [apples and oranges] if generally addable.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.