Able to log time stamp for each meal

It would nice if when you entered meals it would log the time.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

58 Comments
archerymum
First Steps

Picking this up again - would be really good to have this feature so that we can track when/what time we are eating meals (also to be included in export data.

Jim2177
Recovery Runner
A time stamp that can bebput on each meal would be useful. Not an auto time stamp either. A customizable one, because sometimes you you end up putting things in at the end of the day.
Rich_Laue
Community Legend
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jim2177, thanks for taking the time to share this idea about the possibility of having a customizable time stamp option on each meal. 

I noticed this suggestion has already been requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keep the forums more organized. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community! 

Moonblinded
First Steps

So i see this feature suggestion was posted a a few years ago and has plenty of support to move forward. So why has fitbit not implemented this basic feature of food logging. I am diabetic and need to be precise when logging food intake. Since this still hasn't been implemented who do I talk to that can actually make this happen or while I mostly love fitbit I will have to look for an alternative that has this basic but necessary feature.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@Moonblinded in three years 49 votes, or less than 2 votes per month. Let's get the votes to 650+ so that the developers might notice. 

You may want to read the FAQ, fitbit never said that every request will be added. 

archerymum
First Steps
Agree. Not a difficult update. I work in IT. This is 101 coding. Get it
done
Moonblinded
First Steps

@Rich_Laue Just because there isn't superfluous support or thousands of votes on something that seems to be an important function and need for many with specific health concerns doesn't mean the idea shouldn't be implemented. There are many people who are diabetic, millions in fact. Sometimes features should be added because it's relevant and beneficial for those who are trying to stay healthy and log this information.

alg05303
First Steps
i think it would be nice if when you log what you ate and it told you the time at which you logged it. It’s hard to find an app that tracks timestamps, water, exercise and calories all for FREE. No premium. We pay all that money on a fitbit/accessories. It would be nice if you were to go through with this that it would be for free.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @alg05303, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding 'Timestamp' for logging foods. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

ace8734
First Steps
Make time stamps of food log entries visible to users.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ace8734, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding a time stamp to the food log screen with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @alg05303, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding a time stamp to every food log in the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

I love the glucose tracking addition to the app. One thing that would really be helpful is for my food entries to have a timestamp as well or at least the ability to add the time manually. 

cathielacey
Jogger
I would like to add a note to each meal I track on the Fitbit app ie: time eaten. I would like to add a note to each activity I track on the Fitbit app ie: mood before/after
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @cathielacey, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Food log: time stamp when meal was eaten

Be able to add a note to food diary

Add notes to Activities

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

AecioL
First Steps

This feature request has been around since 2018. Is there any plan to implement this? I currently use MyFitnessPal to achieve this but I would love to consolidate in one app.

AecioL
First Steps

This is a feature suggested in 2017. Is there ANY plan to implement it?

tonyrios1010
First Steps
MyFitnessPal has a very good setup allowing users to customize their diary in various ways to fit their specific needs. I do intermittent fasting, so times are important to me.

Fitbit should take a page from MFP’s playbook and make their nutrition tracker more user specific.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @tonyrios1010, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board.  I've moved one into a similar request. You can see the second one here, where you can add your vote to this existing suggestion:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

tonyrios1010
First Steps
This is not the same thing that I am suggesting.

That user wants to make custom meals using ingredients.

I want to make custom headings - like change “Breakfast” to “10:00am”
Hondi
Recovery Runner
It would be good if they added the time you added food to each group of food; ej. Morning, Evening Snack, etc. Unless it is already there and I don't know it.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Hondi, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding a time stamp when logging your food with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

As a side note, let me share that you can select the meal and snacks time on both the Fitbit app and online dashboard. To learn more about how to log your food, I'd recommend this help article. Keep adding your suggestions!

tonyrios1010
First Steps

I do intermittent fasting, and I’d really like to be able to time stamp my entries so I can see when I open and close my eating windows each day.

This is actually a very big let down for me, and has caused me to consider other trackers instead when I’m ready to upgrade.

ntt333
First Steps

My trainersuggested me that I should take a note of the time I'm eating something in order to get some insights.
I'm 100% sure this can be done automatically when logging foods.
It doesn't have to show in the app but I want to see it in the exported report.

I'm also wondering how many votes does a small feature request like this need in order to materialize?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.