Able to log time stamp for each meal

It would nice if when you entered meals it would log the time.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

58 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

kriisipuuro
Jogger

As we know eating regularly every 3-4 hours is important. At this point Fitbit food log doesn't show what time meals are eaten. Adding a time stamp to every meal would help (at least me) to perceive do I eat regularly enough. 

Fitbit could add the current time the meal is put in to the food log but the time could be modified (I think everybody cannot insert meals at the same moment they are eaten). 

Thanks!

SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. This would be very helpful to keep an in depth track of our food to know if we are eating enough everyday. Keen to hear what others think?

egwheeler
Jogger

I 100% agree with the need for this. My weight/diabetes control program requires me to log my meals and I have to eat 6 meals a day. The selection of the meal type, breakfast, lunch, etc is good, but the time is very important for me so I can make sure they are spaced correctly throughout the day! Seems it would be easy update since other loggers timestamp. And same for water log would be good.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Allowing to add a time of when meals are eaten in the fitness app when logging meals. I work 3 rd shift and all of my meals are backwards. I have been trying to pay attention to how often I am eating. Labeling of a meal as breakfat, lunch, dinner etc. Is great, but if you at at 1am what meal is it? Or add a notes section when logging individual food at least. This would allow for a free text at least.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

gandalf252002
Jogger

You can simply add the time to the notes if you want to do that on the website, although the iPhone app doesn't allow for inputting of notes from what I can see.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I like to plan my meals in advance, but find it a bit of a downer to see the "swingometer" so far in the red at the start of the day.

It would be great to be able to set Fitbit to "post" meals to my account at a certain time of day - sync breakfast at 9am but not show lunch until 1 o'clock for example. 

GraceGFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion @SunsetRunner, thanks for sharing! This idea could be useful to log your food faster.

We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

OtisH
First Steps

1. I’m wondering how easy it would be to add a time in the food tracking app (example Breakfeat-however allow us to put in 9:00) or at least a time that you logged it, even if you cannot allow us to add the actual time.

(For Diabetics who test there sugar in 2 hours it would be very helpful) I can set my phone to ring and know when 2 hours is up-but a week later if Dr. ask when I ate or time I wouldn’t have hat information currently.

2. Also if we were able to add our sugar number(-9:00 blood sugar 164)-would be incredible helpful and under guess would help a certain group of people be attracted further to your apps and phone.

if I ate at 9:00-and test at 11:00 (2 hours later) would be awesome to be able to log 165 at 11:00.

thanks, Otis

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @OtisH.

Thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion!

I have edited your post to reflect one of the suggestions since the other one already exists. You can click here to find it.

Let's see what other users think about this.

valenziano
First Steps

Adding my voice to this great idea!

Ashlaree
First Steps

I would love to have the option of selecting different times for my meals in the app, rather than having to select breakfast, morning snack, lunch, Etc ... I would rather have the option to just record the times I've eaten. 

Moderator Edition: Updated title for clarity 

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Ashlaree! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

CMMeyer
First Steps

I have had bariatric surgery 2 years ago and as a weight loss surgery patient it is necessary to track the times you eat food and drink fluids, snack etc.

it would be nice to be able to have availability to enter these times and possibly even attach a reminder for when you could eat or should drink again. This would be a tremendous improvement for the bariatric community and actually something that would benefit others trying to watch their weight.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @CMMeyer, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote! I also noted that you mentioned multiple suggestions. I ask you to post only one idea per feature. That way, we can keep the board organized and searchable. This makes it easier to know which idea other members are voting for. Here are the links for existing feature suggestions that you also mentioned: 

Water Reminder

Setting Daily Meal Alarms

shawnem1
First Steps

Timestamps on log entries would be a very helpful. 

Status changed to: Needs More Info
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @shawnem1, could you please provide some extra information on where would you like to see these timestamps? 

Currently there are a few ideas posted to add notes to some log entries: 

Please let me know, than you for sharing your ideas in the Community! 

shawnem1
First Steps

Well, I was thinking that if the time at which a meal is logged were recorded and displayed in the log would be a very helpful feature.

Also, a numerical macro breakdown of calories would be tremendous. 

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @shawnem1, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about having timestamps for good log entries, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is currently under "Reviewed by moderator" status. This helps maintain the Community and the Feature Suggestion board more organized.  

Keep sharing your ideas with this. 

Onihi
First Steps

Just want to add my name to the list of people wanting this feature.  I am a new Fitbit user and I love it but this is the only important thing for me tht is lacking.  I need to keep track of the exact time I eat and currently have to use something other than Fitbit to do so, which is inconvenient!  

KD65
Stepping Up

Please add this feature.  I would use it.  I have to imagine it would be very appreciated among all the folks that have been trying intermittent fasting.

OnlyGains
First Steps
To have the addition of the exact time you entered your food log.
Example: 470 Calories - 8:43pm
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @OnlyGains. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding a time stamp when logging your food with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions!

AndyZNYC
Jogger

Additionally, it would be good to have a timer or a reminder when the next meal/snack is “due” as intermittent fasting, etc is now a common enough practice.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.