Able to manually log Active Zone Minutes

We should be able to log our active zone minutes similar to how we can log steps or calories burned

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

18 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Smin_Liu, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to manually log your Active Zone Minutes with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

SashaPhoenix
Jogger

Yes! I forgot to wear my fitbit during 2 10k walks last week, and know the usual zone minutes for them. Would be great to add manually. Also if people have more accurate heart rate monitors for sports (sorry but fitbit isn't super accurate for intense activity) they could add the correct zone minutes.

sofishTicated
First Steps
Just like how we can delete Active Zone Minutes, we should be able to manually log / add them. It's useful if users accidentally delete certain minutes or forget their tracker before working out.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @sofishTicated, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to manually log Active Zone Minutes. I've moved it into a similar request. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

aftonsteps
Jogger

This is a really good idea. There are some activities where I'm not able to wear my watch, and so no "zone minutes" are logged for them. It's kind of an annoyance, because I can't track or compare day-to-day "zone minutes" because those activities were manually logged. 

ManojB
First Steps

Great idea, heart rate monitoring stops working at times so this feature will help manually add active zone minutes 

Rns
Jogger

Ability to manually add zone minutes would be helpful. Lost my charge 4 for 2 days would like to add zone minutes for my standard workout manually as I want accurate trend charting over time.

Bill---A
First Steps

I agree with this suggestion; nothing is more frustrating than to complete a workout and discover that you left your fitbit in the charger!

Purple_wellies
Recovery Runner

I agree with this. My Fitbit broke and I used a temporary alternative (until my new on arrived) for one of my regular activities. I know roughly how many active minutes this is as I do the same routine regularly. I could add the steps and the calories but not the active minutes 😞

JBowers18
First Steps
To be able to manually log active zone minutes.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JBowers18, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to manually log Active Zone Minutes. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Purple_wellies
Recovery Runner

My Fitbit recorded my activity so at the end I knew I had 135 active minutes. But when I put it into charge it lost all the data and I’d not synced the exercise with the app so I lost everything. Whilst I could manually add the kcals and steps I couldn’t add the active mins which is really annoying as it messes with my stats. 

Bwaide
First Steps
Allow manual active zone data entry for exercise.
Status changed to: Needs More Info
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Bwaide. Thank you for sharing your Product Feedback with the Fitbit Community. We aren't sure if you'd like to enter your Active Zone Minutes when manually logging exercises? Or do you refer to the heart rate zones values?

To understand this idea better, please reply with more detail or specifics on how this idea would work, or what problem this is trying to solve. We look forward to your response.

Bwaide
First Steps

Would like to manually enter active zone minutes for a session tracked on
an external HRM.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Bwaide, thanks for taking the time to clarify this product feedback about being able to manually log Active Zone Minutes on the Fitbit app with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

FCD
Base Runner

I would like to be able to manually enter active zone minutes  I abhor your sleep stages and turn off my heart rate monitor at night so I get simplified sleep.  This morning I turned on the heart rate as is part of my routine and was on my way.  Apparently I didn't turn it on and after a 40 min brisk walk and and 90 mins at the gym, I had 10 active zone mins from the previous night.  Using a rough estimate, I shorted myself about 100 zone minutes with no way to record them?  Given the Charge 5 is a tracker my daily count is very low and my weekly numbers will be skewed? An estimate in this case is much better than -0-.  Please allow this behavior, I can't imagine it's a technical issue?

FlippityFoo
Jogger

Yes, according to my Fitbit I did 31 Zone minutes last Friday but we had no internet for 24 hours and on the app it only recorded 4! The missing zone minutes  haven’t appeared on the app or on the online dashboard even tho’ they were on my watch. This is very disappointing as has spoiled my run of reaching my target every day.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.