Able to manually log mindfulness sessions in Mindfulness tile

To be able to manually log mindfullness sessions, just like you can manually log a walk, or other exercises. I like the ‘time’ and ‘reflection’ aspects of it and how it appears in the ‘my journey’ section. If I was able to manually log it, I could listen to other apps, or no apps at all, but still log it in the mindfullness section.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

298 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Takesi. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to manually log your mindful sessions in the Mindfulness tile with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

bkyam
Stepping Up

I second the suggestion to let users manually log their meditations, unless Fitbit partners with some popular meditation apps like My Life, Insight Timer. 

KimGDG
First Steps

I would love the ability to manually log mindfulness/meditation in the Fitbit app since I often use other apps for this. Also, being able to integrate with some of the more popular meditation apps, such as Calm and 10% Happier, would be great. 

Nannypam
First Steps

I agree - I would like to be able to add my own mindfulness and meditation sessions to the log. 

Katniss01
First Steps

I love having a mindfulness tile. Thank you!!! Now PLEASE add the capability to log/track non-FitBit meditation sessions. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

YESS PLEASE!!!
This was is major contributing factor with having premium and purchasing a new upgraded Fitbit. It is very motivated be able to track my consistency in key areas that impact my health. This is major for me. I hope that it is made available soon!

MaxxMaximum
Jogger

Manual Mindfulness Entry.

Nds1235
Jogger

I would also like this option as I frequently do unguided meditations on my own and would like to log them. 

Kcaradio
First Steps

I agree with this too!  Most of the time I don't use guided meditations as they aren't necessary for meditating. 

busrij
First Steps

I agree.  This is the suggestion I was going to put in.   I really like the new mindfulness section but this would make it better, as I do not always want to use a guided meditation. 

riceme
First Steps

I agree and was going to suggest this myself, I love that mindfulness is now something you can track and have a goal for, but being able to log individual sessions just like with exercise would be greatly beneficial!

Takesi
Stepping Up

I hope they change this soon, as it’s a useless tile to me at the moment, and the main reason I went to premium; at least it’s free for the time being! 

LinzyLiz
Jogger

Agree, I would love to be able to log my mindfulness sessions no matter if I am using an app or not.

Heathereg
First Steps
I’d like to be able to log mindfulness minutes on my own as I do my own meditations! Thanks.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Heathereg, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to manually log sessions in Mindfulness tile. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

tdsimpson
First Steps

Yes please do this! I can't believe this isn't already a feature. It doesn't make sense to me that you have to do the mindful minutes in the app in order for them to count..

JoJo44
First Steps

I have meditated for many years and would like to be able to log my daily meditation too. It just helps me to see my whole day in many aspects. I understand why Fitbit has it log when you use their feature because it certainly gets people to begin that very important part of the day. But if you meditate outside of the app it would be nice to be able to log it manually. 

UpbeatCondition
First Steps

Yes please!! I am new to Fitbit and this feature is basically unusable for how I meditate, but I really want to log my sessions!! I meditate in silence or to 5-75 minute guided meditations I've been using for years. I love seeing how my heart rate moves when I meditate and I was so bummed when I saw that I couldn't do that without your videos. This would be an amazing feature to see sometime soon!! 🤞🤞🙏

MichaelRoyal
First Steps

Need day and time of day options

Mimiloves6
First Steps

I too would welcome the ability to log my Mindful Minutes manually. I incorporate into my day several meditation apps but I’m unable to log these minutes spent onto my Fitbit. 

SeedOfLifeArts
First Steps

Manual logging seems like an obvious improvement for those of us who have our own meditation rituals, whether guided, app-assisted, or self-led. 

Boodlesmom
Stepping Up

I would love the ability to either manually enter Mindfulness or to have my other apps like Headspace link to the app like the other fitness apps do.  This would be incredibly helpful!

spepsin
First Steps

Yes please- add manual mindfulness tracking.  There are many different ways to practice mindfulness.  I love the option of using the fitbit mindfulness content, but it isn't the only method.

RetroZerbra
First Steps

Totally agree, you can manually log everything else, why not the meditation time in the mindfulness section.  Prefer to use Calm It’s a better fit for me, appreciate the opportunity to voice this, as I’m really happy with everything else 

SteGre89
First Steps

As Fitbit user since 5 years, I very much agree!!!! This is an easy twist but one which would be much helpful and keep the philosophy for which you can track yourself everything else!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.