Able to power off Charge 3

I would like to be able to switch off the Charge 3 like I was able to with my other old watch. i work in privacy areas and would like to be able to switch it off at some occasions. Would it be possible to add it ? It's just a basic which as to be added.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

5 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think about the option to power of the Charge 3.

Shearwater
First Steps

I work offshore on an oil platform & have to travel to work by helicopter. 

The helicopter company has just introduced a zero tolerance policy for Personal Electronic Devices being switched on during the flight. 

This has resulted in my Charge 2 being confiscated on my way to work - I can collect it again when I go home again. 

I looked into buying a Charge 3 to replace it, but am disappointed to find that it too cannot be turned off.

If there was an option to turn off the device - even through the Fitbit app, I would still be able to wear my device during my 2 weeks at work. It is not unusual to do over 100 floors during a 12 hour shift & I don't want to miss out on them!

I have worn a Fitbit constantly for over 5 years, but it now looks like I will have to move to an alternative manufacturer.

Please can we have this feature?

Trialspten
First Steps

Absolutely agree. Had to replace my Surge after water damage (caught in rainstorm). I hike a lot and don't track sleeping, I always turned off at night since charging stations are not frequent on many hikes. Was amazed that Charge 3 could not be turned off. Very bad design decision. Needs to be rectified.

Byteater
First Steps

Hello!

I go to work by motorbike and there is a miss count af walks. 

I'd like to be able to shut down the device, so It suspends any count, and to turn it on when it is needed.

Thank you.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.