Open SDK to create Charge 3 clock faces/apps

It would be awesome if the charge 3 would support sdk/watch face api to let the community create custom watch faces (and apps). Even if this would be a stripped down version of the api capabilities that the versa and ionic have.

The app and watch face marketplace assume this possibility.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

15 Comments
Giampi71
5K Racer

I would love to port my already released app, and the one under development, to Charge 3

stadtm
First Steps

I am interested in developing new apps and watch faces as well. I understand the features would be limited to less than that of the versa and ionic, but I think it would be fun to create new features to share!

Greatheights
Base Runner

I would also like to learn how to develop clock faces for the Charge 3. The provided options are unncessarily limited and, frankly, ugly. I just want a simple, normal digital clock (HH:MM in the same shade on the same line) and my step count, similar to what was available on the Charge 2, and they don't seem to want to give us that option. Instead we get horrendous clocks with hours on top of minutes like they've never seen a clock before.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
JonFitbit
Fitbit Developer
Fitbit Developer

Thanks for the feedback. The Fitbit SDK is only compatible with devices running Fitbit OS, and unfortunately Charge 3 does not contain the hardware necessary to to support that.

aamir.madari
First Steps

Another developer here. Got my FitBit as a birthday gift and would love to be able to develop for it in any way possible. 

philxan
Keeping Pace

Yeah, I'd love to be able to develop apps for the Charge 3 (or 2, if available!) 

I'm a software manager now, but with many years of development behind me. If Fitbit are willing, I'd even work with them to help see what could be possible.

tarasso
First Steps

Got it the charge 3 doesn’t have the hardware to support it.

How about giving us more clock face choices? Bigger fonts especially.

TheCarLover
First Steps

I think , like the Versa and the Ionic, there should be a clock face creator so you can have ur own clock faces....

Thankyou - TheCarLover

Moderator Edit: Format

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. I think it could be very useful for a lot of users. It would be very interesting to see the creativity of all the users. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

xandrex
Jogger

I agree this is much needed!

Dunekn
5K Racer

hello the community

As french fitbit user of Versa , I develop several clockfaces for IONIC and VERSA.

I was wondering : Why FITBIT did not create Charge 3 compatible with fitbit Studio. It will be very nice to propose clockfaces for this last product.

please comment and vote.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
GraceGFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @Dunekn, many thanks for sharing this suggestion, it would be really cool. As you may already know we're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Normiethedormie
Recovery Runner

It would be good if you made the charge 3 compatible with fitbit studio so we can make clock faces and potentially apps

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Normiethedormie, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Dunekn, thanks for sharing this suggestion about making Fitbit Studio compatible with Charge 3 to create clock faces with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Your feedback is appreciated and please keep adding your suggestions.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.