Able to report and edit inaccurate nutrition information

Relatively frequently, when I scan a food item, Fitbit correctly identifies the name of the food but the nutrition information is slightly off. Usually it's off by maybe 10 or 20 calories for the listed serving, but occasionally it's way off, even though the correct food item was found.

There should be some way for users to report inaccurate nutrition information, and to upload pictures of the food item (like when you're adding an item that couldn't be found) so that Fitbit can update the database.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

58 Comments
Michael_7
First Steps
After learning from support today that this feature doesn't exist, this app desperately needs a method to report when nutrition facts from scanning are different from those on the packaging. Right now, there is evidently no way to report this. Sometime simple, especially a "Report a Problem"-style link after scanning, would be great.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Michael_7, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to report inaccurate nutrition facts with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

rickmiles1969
First Steps
Whenever I scan a food item that doesn't exist in the database, I have to take a picture of the label and submit it. Why do I constantly scan items that show up with the incorrect calorie count from the original label? For example, I scanned a 1/2 cup of applesauce this morning. The label said 50 calories, but FitBit showed 70 calories for 1/2 cup.
Saqib_ins
Recovery Runner
Dried jujube fruit has high fiber content (6-10g per 100g). But fitbit database logs 0g fiber for 100g dried jujube fruit.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @rickmiles1969, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to report and edit inaccurate nutrition information with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Saqib_ins, thanks for sharing this product feedback about having an option to report and edit incorrect nutritional information from the food database with us. Because this idea was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Kkoz2
First Steps
I've only been using the nutrition logging in Fitbit for a few days, I was excited to be able to log workouts/food all in one place, but every barcode I've scanned has had incorrect nutrition information and there's no way to edit or report the issue. I've seen this issue reported going back to at least 2018. It would be nice if Fitbit fixed this.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Kkoz2, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to edit inaccurate nutritional information with us. Because this product feedback was already requested on this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.