Able to set stats goals for different week days / weekend

It would be nice if you could change your distance goals to not just be one target ie:10,000 or whatever the user has set.  I put more distance on on my non-work days and would like to set a higher target.  Currently I have mine set for 7,000 but I would like to have weekends at 10,000.  My daugher and son-in-law aim for 13,000 on weekends. 

Just an idea.

Thanks

Gita

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

75 Comments
BC14
First Steps

I would like to see the option for different goal settings on different days of the week.

Monday – Friday I train at the gym, and walk to and from work, so my step goal is usually high around 20,000.
However, weekends I spend with my daughter, and therefore don’t have the time to dedicate to reaching that, so I usually lower it to 10,000.

It would be great if we were able to place different goals for different days of the week, rather than have to adjust it manually. This helps with those who have dedicated rest days too, so people don’t over exert themselves.

Even an option as simple as Gym day/rest day as a toggle switch with two different goals set so you can switch between the two; as sometimes things outside of our control happen, and it can be demotivating to not be able to reach that high goal.

jivemm
Premium User
Jogger

Mate great suggestion and hope this gets picked up. The goals should be flexible by day for all of them. I aim to eat calories that match my output one day, and to be 500 - 1000 calories under the alternate days. This is a proven technique to keep the matabolism up and lose weight in a healthy way. I exercise 5 days a week, my weekends are for relaxing too. Diet targets should be more flexible, calorie burn, steps - even water intake with higher water on exercise days than not. It is always disappointing to see the red failed to meet goal result when it is deliberate and more importantly, healthy to not be in first gear seven days a week.

GarudaGirl
Tempo Runner
I would love to have the ability to set a step target for each day of the week, based on my likely progress. For example, I might want to have a certain goal for during the work week, and a higher one for weekend days.
Nevermore1
Keeping Pace

This would be very helpful.  I sit at a desk during the week for anywhere from 8-12 hours a day depending how busy it is at work.  I'm clearly not going to reach my daily goal doing that (there usually is no time to get up and walk around, sometimes I even take lunch at my desk due to the workload).  I'm a lot more active on the weekends than during the work week.

CCarpio
First Steps

This is a must do.  The complaint I hear most commonly from friends about fitbit is that once you set goals they are there every single day and it straight-jackets you. Like BC14 I also have different activity levels during the week which although constant they tend to change between weekdays and weekends so being able to adapt my goals on a schedule would be great. Think of the alarms on the iPhone, You can have one wake up alarm that is different for every day of the week or choose to have it for some days at one hour and another hour for the rest of the days. At the end of the day flexibility is what makes into tool go from good to great. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @gitamcc! I totally love this idea because usually I do more activity in days where I'm not at work so it could help me to increase my goals. 

Thank you for visiting the Feature Request board.

Yobib
First Steps

It would be nice to be able to set separate weekday step gosls and weekend step goals.

Moderator edit: Added labels/Title for Clarity

This would be so helpful as I want to set my target higher for weekends and the days when I only work half days.  On my full work days it would be impossible to do the amount of steps due to lack of time, so I have had to set my daily step target at much lower than I would like it.

Grahame_Epps
First Steps

Would be great to be able to set activity goals depending on day of week. At least have weekdays and weekends as separate options. 

I have Charge 2.

asifb
Jogger

I would like the facility to specify a different start and end for sleep for each day of the week. I, in common with most other people, tend to wake up and go to sleep earlier on working days, but tend to sleep and wake up later on weekends. This same feature would also be useful for people who work shifts. Fitbit does not offer this facility at the moment. I believe this would be a useful and popular addition.

Variola
Recovery Runner

Is there a way where we can set step targets for individual days? Some days my target is 25k, yet other days I struggle to hit 12k due to work commitments. I have to manually change my target every day as if I leave it at 12k on a day I am doing double that then not much point doing goal day challenges and not fair on people I am competing with.

Simarlarly, is there a way to set activity hours targets differently for weekends? I like to do 14 hours in the week when I am up early but would like to be able to set it to start later on weekends, as it would be great to be able to accomplish a week where I get 100% red blobs but I can't as weekend activity is same as the week starting at 6am.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I walk to and from work Monday to Friday so hit around 20,000 steps per day but during the weekend I struggle to hit 10,000. I wonder if you could customise step goal and active hours for weekdays and weekends! 

Thanks 

Mooree
First Steps

I'd like to suggest different goals for the weekend days, say we are more or less active on the weekend during the week, so that we can tailor our goals to reflect that.  M-F 10,000 steps and Sa-Su 15,000 steps for instance. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Grahame_Epps this is a great suggestion, thanks for sharing. I'll pass this onto the team and keep you posted. Thanks!

This is a FANTASTIC idea.  Knowing that a weekend is coming and you either typically have more or less times, your weekday goals may be unattainable during the weekend.  I think this is a great option for both steps, stairs, active minutes, and possibly even calories burned.  Having this multi tier option would help prevent feeling defeated when you continually see 2 days a week that goals can't be met without having to change the goal repeatedly

LindsayGii
First Steps

This is a great idea but the weekend is different for different people depending on their shift pattern or even the country they live in. Could goals just be different on different days please?

PeterH62
Base Runner

I came on here to suggest this exact same thing as I have very different patterns between the week and weekend (most do I am sure). I can easily achieve my step goal of 12k in the week and am wanting to put it up to 15k instead but at the weekend (especially Sundays) I am not able to do the same amount of walking so it means I my goal is not met as easily.

Goodletsma
First Steps

I would love to be able to set goals daily instead of a daily goal that blankets the week.  I know that on Monday Wednesday and Thursdays I ususally get close to 20 000, Sudays I often don't make it as far as 9 000.  If I could set my goals as

Sunday 9 000

Monday 20 000

Tuesday 15 000

Wednesday 20 000

Thursday 25 000

Friday 12 000

Saturday 15 000

So individual day step goals would be awesome, instead of a goal that blankets every day of the week.

LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Goodletsma thanks for sharing - I've merged your idea here as it's also about more dynamic goal setting. Thanks!

LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Yobib thanks for sharing this idea. Seems like this would also apply to other suggestions I've seen around more dynamic goal setting for days when people are sick or injured etc... curious to hear what other members think?

While I would prefer a set weekday vs weekend goals, I'm very cool with the idea of having it be a daily goal as long as the goals carry over week to week.  Cause I could then set Mon - Fri as whatever goal and then Sat/Sun as different goals.

I'm sure some will love the flexibility that it would bring, I'm sure, also, that some would be annoyed by having to set a weekday goal 5 times and a weekend goal a 2nd time.  As long as an option for some variability would be able to be created, I'm all for it.  Either way.

DanielleinDC
Pace Setter

I would also love to be able to set different step count goals for the weekend (when I'm usually not as active) and the weekdays. Please add that feature.

claire.j.whelan
First Steps

Good morning, I was wondering if there is anyway of having different daily targets loaded into Fitbit. I currently work some days for 13 hour shift at a desk. It’s pretty impossible to get 10,000 steps in on that day. So I was thinking that you guys at Fitbit could help us feel better about reaching our targets and you could change the settings so we could have a daily target. So on a Monday I could perhaps have my steps set to 5000 which would be so much easier to achieve therefore not making me feel bad about not hitting target but still making me move. Then on Tuesday my daily target could 15,000 because it’s my day off and I know I can go to the gym and so on..... what do you think? Also I’m bored of the challenges can we get some new ones? Thanks xx

brightcat
Recovery Runner

sounds good.  would allow for further challenges at the weekend

labellaluke
Jogger

I'd love to be able to have goals for different days. On my days off, I'd like to set my goals that are significantly higher. There are even some work days that I would do that. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.