Add Amazon Audible app for Fitbit Smartwatches

The app store needs an Audible app for us bookworms. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels & Title

326 Comments
Alyssanolte
First Steps

2nd this idea!

The app already collects the daya, and audible has a bookmark and sleep timer function.

This would be an awesome integration.

Ntvtxn72
Jogger

Adding the Audible app would be great. I love listening to books when I'm walking. 

@

@

RichK26
First Steps

I 3rd this idea.

If my Blaze already tracks when I'm awake and asleep, then it should be able to send the difference in time to the audible application to update the "last heard" location and stop playback.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Blofl
First Steps

I want to listen to audible audio books on a portable device such as the wristwatch. I have purchased 2 Fitbit Surge devices in the last few years. Within this next year I will be purchasing either an Iconic or Apple Watch. All I want to do is listen to books. I do not need a wrist phone. I really like the Fitbit user interface, that does not seem to work on the Apple Watch? Could be wrong? 

But it I will be buying a different non Fitbit watch if the Fitbit solilutions will not work with playing books. 

I need a solution in order order stay with the Fitbit products.

thanks

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

PLEASE, an app for Ionic to add our books from Audible or our audible  books from Kindle app. 🕊

Teacherbytes
Jogger

I always listen to Audible books at the gym or walking. Not needing my phone would be great!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Fitbit has promised more apps for this Ionic, hope Audible or Kindle audio
books access will be first in line as I also prefer to listen to books vs
music while walking or at the gym!

Marie
Johnedoorbell
First Steps

Yes! Great idea!  I just got my Ionic yesterday and I would love to have an Audible app for it. It's a fantastic tool, but most definitely needs an Audible app

Nickessex
Runner

I would only buy one if it had the feature to listen to my Audible books. Otherwise, I am happy to stay with my cheaper fit bit and cheapo sandisk player.

mjulia
Jogger

+1 for Audible integration 

EmeraldEyez
Recovery Runner

Audible App Please!!!

I love my Fitbits and kept upgrading to the next newest and best. Tried a Garmin because it was water proof enough for keeping on at the waterpark and Fitbit didn't have that option at the time. Garmin worked well but the app wasn't as good... no Serengeti badge or other fun incentives like that. So when I heard Ionic was going to be waterproof and would have new apps like music apps I was so excited and ready to buy one regardless of its high cost because I thought if you had a music app then certainly you'd include a audio book app too. But you did not. 😕

I walk so much farther listening to a book. There are Audible apps that play Amazon Kindle books for phones, tablets, and computers, why not smart watches? Please add the Audible app to the Ionic or Versa that are both swim proof and I'll upgrade and spread the news to my other book friends. 😎

Bitek
Base Runner

We do need audiable. This is perfect app for ionic. Please bring it asap. (And please be sure it is audiable.ca compatible lol !) 

SueM23
Recovery Runner

I want to add my voice to those asking for an Audible app for the Fitbit Ionic.  I want to listen to my books as I run.  Thank you.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@RichK26 the Blaze by itself does not know when your asleep or awake. The unit simply sends what it has recorded to the Fitbit server, then in the cloud the sleep is computed and recorded in the Fitbit account. 

The ionic on the other hand was advertised as calculating sleep on the tracker but I haven't seen when the sleep might be calculated. 

BELIEVE IT OR NOT:

The fact that I can't easily listen to audio books is the only reason I haven't bought a Fitbit Ionic yet...

OpenIntro
First Steps

I literally just created an account to voice my support. I don't have a Fitbit, but I'd consider buying one if there was an Audible app. The other tech in the new Fitbit is attractive (e.g. heart rate monitor), but it isn't enough to sell me on a $200 product. I need to be able to ditch my phone when I take my dog for runs.

JcFx
Recovery Runner

+1  This would be the deciding factor in getting me to upgrade to an Ionic.

QueenEllis
First Steps

Would love to see audible on the app store. ..

jeffw132
Jogger

Yes need an Audible app for Ionic.  Pleeeeaaaase!

Lakegirl137
Jogger

It would be wonderful if we were able to listen to audio books without carrying the phone around. Overdrive app to listen to library books for free. Audible is a paid subsription

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be very useful for all users who would like to listen to audio books without carrying the phone around. Even to listen to books while exercising? Smiley Very Happy  Thanks for sharing this suggestion.

Lakegirl137
Jogger
Just seems if you download music, you should be able to download a book. Just sayin’.

Sent from my iPhone
Fjoffa
Recovery Runner

Yes, I need an audble app.

I listen to books at work and when working out. Would be great to be able to not have to have the phone with me.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I am SOOO close to buying the Ionic...  And I agree.  Audible would definitely seal the deal!!!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.