Add Amazon Audible app for Fitbit Smartwatches

The app store needs an Audible app for us bookworms. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels & Title

326 Comments
jody2049
First Steps

YES!  Another vote here to add the app for audible.com, owned by Amazon.  I rarely listed to music, but listen to audio books on audible.com all the time.  Please add to the apps available on fitbit versa.  I just bought one!

Lakegirl137
Jogger

I am so hoping for an audible app for the fitbit versa. However, hoping it can be done as an update as I just ordered the versa and would hate to have to get an versa II. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

LOL, same here!  Hope FB techs can just add an app such as the Starbucks app (which I love). 

DJNI
First Steps

This would be great!

Agent0fChange
First Steps

I already have Pandora on the watch , I don't need to store individual songs but i neeeeeeeed my audio books.

pdxalexa
Base Runner

Hey Fitbit folks. Never occurred to me that my new Versa couldn't be used for music and audio books. Please make my cool new tracker support audio books. Many of us listen to them as much or more than music during workouts. 

am

pdxalexa
Base Runner

Fitbit Versa needs to accommodate the folks who listen to books not just music. Also, we can't all afford Audible so I agree with you. Have Overdrive or their app Libby would be a great addition to apps. Please help us book lovers out.

tweaver75
First Steps

I agree with pdxalexa.  I assumed I would be able to listen to my books via the Versa.  I would have stuck with my Alta if I realized I couldn't listen to them.  Please, please, please fix this.

2boots4u
Stepping Up

I download my books from Kobo or Google books so that it would be great to not only be able to access Overdrive or Audible but books that are kept on computers - most of my files are epub

Wsuduce
First Steps

Add my voice to this... just learned this is not possible. Bummed right now. Can we get it please!

Lakegirl137
Jogger
And did they work? And if so, where did you save them to? I have a Mac.

🍀🌷:sun_with_face:
pdxalexa
Base Runner

I tried to get my audio books via Overdrive's Libby app and couldn't get it done. 😞 I'm hoping that our request to figure out audio books on the Versa will get some traction on Fitbit so that they invest in making it happen. Listening to audio books is one of the leading growth trends in media. Come on Fitbit. Help us out.

hedonistacal
Recovery Runner

Its the one thing stopping me from upgrading, when will their be an audible app integration??

Lakegirl137
Jogger
Hoping when they do, it will just be an update and not have to purchase a new edition.

Sent from my iPhone
bumpandrun
Recovery Runner
If they did that I would go back to Garmin. Haven't been happy with the
face on my Ionic. Scratched really bad and I threw my Garmin all over the
place without any problem whatsoever.
pdxalexa
Base Runner
I hear you. I'm having some second thoughts because of that and because the
mileage calculation seems to be really inaccurate. Having said that I love
the device itself. The versus really light it's a pleasure to wear and the
display is very readable with lots of watch faces to choose from.
NancyJML
Stepping Up

I would love to listen to audiobooks on my new Versa, not only Audible but mp3 files downloaded from my library.  Thanks.

pdxalexa
Base Runner
Thanks for adding the library mp3s. I'd love that too.
Bitek
Base Runner

I do not need all the apps on my Fitbit. I honestly do not use apps on my watch but I do think it would be good to be able to download audio book to the phone and listen to it.  The reason I spent apple watch kind of money for my new fitbit is because I go for long bicycle rides and I love listening to music, audio books plus built in gps. Not having phone connected is great benefit but it defeat the purpose when the I 

CptJAKsparrow
First Steps

First I waited on a fitbit that can track my laps while swimming, now pending Audible addition to upgrade to Versa before i buy a new fitbit. Simple add more apps sell more fitbits.

JackH23
First Steps

Audible for the Versa would be fantastic! I know the Versa has Deezer compatibility, but as an avid Spotify user I would love to see this also included - after all, a greater variety of apps would appeal to a wider customer base!

barbarajs
Jogger

Add me to the list that wish I could listen to Audible books with my Versa!

Armmcguire
First Steps

Yes please. Will always buy fitbit if i can listen to my book

belberryhill
First Steps

Audio books are a must! I'm tired of carrying my phone on runs. The only thing holding me back from buying a fitbit is that I need my phone to listen to audio books while I run and it tracks my steps anyway, so...

Please give me an excuse to buy that Versa. Add an Audible app! And hurry it up, I'm getting tired of waiting to buy one,  lol.

auntiecruel
Jogger

Why I am not buying the Iconic? Because I need an Audible app... 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.