Add Badminton to Exercise app

Hi there,

The blaze has a exercise shortcut for Tennis, but doesn't have shortcuts for other racket sports.  This is most unfair.

Please could you either add other rackets sports, such as Badminton and Squash, or rename Tennis to 'Racket sports'  

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

39 Comments
gristock
Jogger

I play Badminton 2-3 times per week.  

There isnt an option to select Badminton as a workout, so i am using Tennis at the moment.  but not sure how accurate that is.

Can Badminton be added as an option PLEASE 🙂

Moderator edit: added label

PuyPuy
First Steps

Tout à fait d'accord avec gristock ! Ajouter badminton en activité et aussi bien d'autre serait top. L'ajout de nouvelles activités devrait et doit être un de vos objectif principal selon moi.

Merci.

Totaly OK with gristock ! Add badminton as an activity. Your goal should be regularly adding activities no matter which.

Thanks.

Ebonyivy
First Steps
Totally agree with gristock, PLEASE add badminton as a workout / activity, Many thanks
BlackPegasus
First Steps

Please add it. Also please let us know if Tennis is overestimating it.

kris555
First Steps

Please add badminton as activity!

bhav987
Jogger

Please add Badminton as an activity for Fitbit Blaze

Thanks

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MaginB
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

It would be great if this type of exercise could be added so you can track it as accurate as possible.

Thanks for participating on the ideas board!

eastman79
First Steps

Please add badminton as activity! I love the surge and i want to be able to love it even more!

ficba
Stepping Up

Any update here? It would be good to have badminton as an activity

Karthick
First Steps

Hello Team,

I have Recently Purchased Fitbit Blaze and Noticed there is an option for Tennis where as badmintion is not in the List of Exercise. It would be Really Great if that could be added in new update.

I would be Playing 90-180 mins, 5-6 days a week. So it would be much helpful.

Thanks 

AHarrison
Jogger

I recently purchased a Fitbit surge and also would also want a badminton feature. 

There is is a Tennis feature which I will use until badminton can be added (hopefully)

Jubster
Jogger

I agree. I currently say tennis when I mean badminton, but racket sports would cover it better

Koebra
First Steps

Any news on 'badminton'? 

Eddymorethan
First Steps

Pls, add badminton shortcut in Fitbit blaze too.

kpisharath
First Steps

Please add Badminton

HazelMorris9
First Steps

I play badminton once a week, and would like to be able to add this to my Surge, rather than using the tennis option. Surely you can update the software to include badminton? It's one of the most popular racquet sports around!

Yamsyams
Jogger

Big badminton player here. 

I agree it would be really useful for badminton category. Maybe track swing speed or something? 

If if it's any help I use the workout feature and then go into my exercise days, open the badminton 'workout' and at the top you can categorise the exercise as badminton. 

Heatonfan
First Steps

Likely difference between reality and using tennis option for badminton?

Hoopythang
First Steps

Yep. I play squash and badminton regularly but log them as tennis at the moment. I would love to see these as options.

gristock
Jogger

moderator.  I posted this over 2 years ago.  surely it is something you could have put on your roadmap by now ?

can we get an update please.

Heatonfan
First Steps

Yes moderator, get an update

Flissy
Jogger

Yes, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add badminton to exercise shortcuts! 🏸🏸

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

Mits07
Stepping Up

It is requested to add the sport of Badminton in the activity section of the Charge 2 device since it is a sport which has garnered a lot of recognition on the global stage and a few professional Badminton players also use the device while playing the sport. Also it is an activity which can be helpful in tracking data in detail as compared to a short overview of the activity after it gets selected as an automatic sport activity. Also you do not get a detailed analysis of the sport even after manually selecting the sport as Badminton. Therefore I hope that Fitbit adds the sport of Badminton as a separate sport activity and provides a detailed analysis of the sport.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes please add Badminton as an activity for Fitbit Ionic as well. Thank you.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.