Add Badminton to Exercise app

Hi there,

The blaze has a exercise shortcut for Tennis, but doesn't have shortcuts for other racket sports.  This is most unfair.

Please could you either add other rackets sports, such as Badminton and Squash, or rename Tennis to 'Racket sports'  

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

39 Comments
plzlol
First Steps

Please consider adding sports as your customers suggest, and take into account that movement in squash, tennis and badminton could be implemented in one racket sport category.

I can't believe that after more than 2-3 years old requests (several racket sport topics), fitbit has done absolutely nothing...

Very disappointing.

Mits07
Stepping Up
Yes even I am surprised, and as suggested by you it can be implemented in a
single category under Racquet Sports as it will help us get detailed
information with regards to the sport
plzlol
First Steps

This is so surprising I agree, and actually many competitor and third party tracking app already have much more sports activity tracking than fitbit ! WTH ?!

Mits07
Stepping Up
They can even give us an option to add the data through the third party
apps if it is not possible for them to add the Racquet Sports in their
activities
Badmintonfreak
Recovery Runner

Adding badminton is a great idea. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
BullyB
First Steps
Hi All
I was hoping to have squash and badminton added to exercises for the versa2. Although tennis is on there the above are much faster paced games and it would be great to measure the stats from both.
I'd also like.mountain bike added but there is already a suggestion running for that
Thanks
Have a good day
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @BullyB, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

NinjaPenyu
Jogger
Add badminton as an option for exercise
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @NinjaPenyu, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of adding Badminton as an exercise on the Fitbit watches. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time.

Thank you again for your participation in the Community!

GJWilliruns
Stepping Up
Add badminton as a sport. You have tennis already, surely the tracking will be similar!
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @GJWilliruns, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of adding Badminton as an exercise on the Fitbit devices. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time.

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

sunbaddy
First Steps
I see that there is Tennis as an exercise type. I mainly play Badminton and would love to see it as option to track my workout
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @sunbaddy, thanks for sharing this product feedback about adding Badminton to the Exercise app with us. This idea was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.