Add Disabilities in the Settings

I would like to see an option to include disabilities including invisible illness’ on the app. Could have advise and suggestions from known charities etc that support those with the conditions. But I would like the app to adjust the goals with the conditions in mind. Maybe other ways to help manage the condition like reminders of physio exercises?
5 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @EllieCarey12, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding disabilities in the 'Settings'. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

sarawithanh
Recovery Runner

As someone with a genetic disorder (Ehler's Danlos Syndrome) who isn't able to do traditional workouts but is regularly in physical therapy and very focused on health and wellness to reduce symptoms and flare ups, incorporating some physical therapy exercises would be great, and I would love an additional system that lets me track my bad days and flare up and symptoms along with my other wellness/health details in app.

EllieCarey12
First Steps
Hi 👋🏻
Yeah I have hEDS and fibromyalgia. So totally agree with you. Thank you for
your comment! 🙂
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hi 👋 

Same here. Just turned my Fitbit back on after 3 years. In those 3 years my life has drastically changed and has been turned upside down. I now live with multi system degeneration of the autonomic nervous system. It effects every system in my entire body. I have many conditions including POTS, and most can’t be controlled with meds. I have progressive Small Fiber Polyneuropathy, GI and Urinary issue, CKD, Rest Leg Syndrome and tremor. My list goes on. In 2016 I could do 10-15,000 steps a day. Now, on a good day, I might get to 200. I’m about to start aqua therapy to try and rebuild lost muscle mass. I’m a mess. I think having any kind of adjustable  tools or additional health apps would be so helpful to us Spoonies. Thanks in advance. ❤️

LRWARREN
Jogger

I agree! I have physical disabilities. I can only do minimal yoga & walk, but I do forms of exercise with my goats, and around my home, but my Sence does not have a way to track these exercises in a true manner so my heart rate just looks like I did something strenuous but I can't get credit for an exercise without having to make my own in the other. The other is limited on what it gives me credit for as well.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.