Add Google Assistant on Versa 2

For the Versa 2, can we please have the Google Assistant, GPS, a Pulse ox.  I'm waiting for the next full addition of the Versa. Please please please add these features. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

61 Comments
VantheMan
Stepping Up

I know this was discussed in 2018 - but when will Fitbit come out with a stylish (like Versa) watch with built-in GPS. It is a hassle to carry your phone - plus I'm a swimmer; and you have to leave your phone by the side of the pool in order to record. Not very user friendly. I have been with fitbit for 3 years now, my friends are trying to get me to go to Garmin. I don't really want because of all the data I have on fitbit. 

@Hadden8176 wrote:

For the Versa 2, can we please have the Google Assistant, GPS, a Pulse ox.  I'm waiting fir the next full addition of the Versa. Please please please add these features. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Hadden8176! Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

We can see that you have shared different ideas here but we ask that you only post one idea per Feature Suggestion. That way we can keep these boards organized and searchable, in addition to clearly understanding which idea other members are voting for. We have chosen one idea and retitled your idea accordingly.

Please repost your other ideas as individual Feature Suggestions by clicking "Add New Suggestion".

VantheMan
Stepping Up
Add GPS.

Sent from my iPhone
Super_Nova
Jogger

Now that the Versa 2 is going to ship with Alexa, what possiblity is there for Google Assistant being added as well. I have no interest in Alexa at all. I use Google Assistant and I will not be getting a device that would force me to use Amazon's assistant. 

Hadden8176
Tempo Runner

I am the same. I use google. I don't think be getting the versa 2 for this reason.  

KVKdragon
Jogger

If Fitbit can program the Versa 2 to use Alexa, why isn't there any option for users to switch to Google Assistant or buy a model specific to Google Assistant? I prefer Google Assistant since it's a lot more smart and functional than Alexa. I hope someone higher up at Fitbit takes this suggestion seriously. It shouldn't be that hard to add Google Assistant since higher end Fitbit models work better with Android phones in regard to text messages. And it's another device Google can claim works with Google Assistant. I already use my Google Home Mini to work with Fitbit (via IFTT) by logging my weight via voice every morning, for example 

sleppelm
First Steps

I won't be buying anymore Fitbit products until they integrate with Google.  Absolutely ridiculous that in today's day and age we don't have options.  They probably made some sort of licensing deal with Amazon.  I'd be pre ordering a versa 2 tomorrow if I could integrate it with Google Assistant.

localpcguy
First Steps

Just adding my voice to the desire for Google Assistant. Having that as an option would make me much more likely to purchase another Fitbit device.

StephNicole
Jogger

Adding my voice that I would much rather have a Versa with Google Voice Assistant rather than Alexa. It's one of the main reasons I'm considering switching to another smart/fitness watch even though I've used FitBit since the Flex/Force days. I've had a FitBit for 7 years and I love FitBit, but I don't want to use Alexa! I don't use her for anything else in my life, I use Google Assistant. 

McThump
Jogger

I don't use Alexa but do use Google Assistant throughout the day. Having it on my Fitbit would be very useful! 

lluikart26
First Steps

AGREED!!!!  Technology should give us the option at this point to choose which VI we want to integrate with.  Personally, I have everything tied to Google through my Android, Google Hubs and minis.  Being able to have my voice match to use my watch for access to my Google Assistant and all of my devices attached to it would enhance my ability to multitask.  I would love to buy the Versa 2 but there isn't much sense in having an Alexa assistant that doesn't integrate with my other systems. 

Danno22
Jogger

If Fitbit could at least commit to Google support in this versa 2 to be software updated within reasonable time, then we could commit to buying current versa 2. Otherwise, this forces us to switch. Once users switch, generally will not go back. Some car manufacturers lost a lot of customers when they only supported 1 echo system. Big mistakes happen when exclusive deals are done!

NicoleMcC
First Steps

Amazon Alexa is the only reason why I haven't committed to buying the versa 2. I use google/gmail and am happy with them

rodjoh
Jogger

I would buy the Versa 2 if we get a Google Assistant version. I have no use for Alexa nor plan to start using it any time soon.

gymnophoria
First Steps

Agree. Every single Android user has Google Assistant on their device. Relatively few people have Alexa devices. It's absurd for Fitbit to prioritise Amazon - but I'm guessing Amazon made them a good deal on advertising the Versa 2 on the Amazon home page. And I would bet part of that deal was to not integrate Google Assistant - or at least, not yet.

It's good for Fitbit in the short term but not in the long term. I definitely won't be paying to upgrade from my Versa - I'd be much more tempted if the new device included Google Assistant.

Avsynthe
Jogger

I'm in total support of this. I have never and most likely will never use an AI assistant other than Google Now/Assistant.

Its crazy thought that this request is marked as "Under Consideration" but the suggestion from early 2017 with nearly 300 votes is still marked as "Not Planned"

Thought I'd Consolidate the Google Assistant suggestions bellow:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/works-with-google-home/idi-p/1826774

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Integrate-with-Google-Assistant/idc-p/3793269#M2...

Xenius101
First Steps

Got referred to this thread by Fitbit support on Twitter.

I will never use Alexa, I REALLY want Google assistant support. Please!  If you want me to recommend the Versa 2 it needs this. 

spen
First Steps

also adding my voice here. I not only have no interest in Alexa but actively dislike it. I use google assistant and would be interested in the Versa2 (or 3) if it didnt have alexa but did have GA

ph0tiC
First Steps

I hate Alexa & I need a new smartwatch... I guess this won't be it. 

Add Google Assistant and maybe sell more watches?

mrob14
First Steps

Would like to get a Versa 2, but I use google assistant, not Alexa. Won't be buying one.

Super_Nova
Jogger
Well, Since Google is buying Fitbit, I'm sure we will see the Google
Assistant on this watch of the next one. So I am definitely excited for
that.
sleppelm
First Steps
Yeah good news
Rozlyn
Jogger

I've lost 30 pounds with the Versa 1 and was excited and wanted to get the Versa 2 for Christmas this year. But will not be buying this product if it is ONLY supported by Alexa. Our entire home is supported by Google. I bragged on Fitbit vs Apple. My, how Fitbit has let me down!!!

Bye-bye Fitbit.

Avsynthe
Jogger

Rozlyn, you should be very excited, and should definitely stay with fitbit... 

As with everyone in this thread, because it was just announced that Google is buying Fitbit! 😱🎉

Check the link

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/11/1/20943318/google-fitbit-acquisit...

Rozlyn
Jogger
I'll believe it when I see it

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.