Add Google Wallet to Fitbit devices.

Moderator edit: Formatting
22 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @RB_Swe, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding Google Wallet to the Fitbit devices with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Osampaio
Recovery Runner

I'm trying to sell this idea to Fitbit fir a long time, and till now nothing happens 

BobsledJoe
Recovery Runner

With the Fitbit website update today, showcasing the new Sense 2, Versa 4 and Inspire 4 there is a section about Google Wallet being added after launch via update. 

Please can we look at rolling Google Wallet out to the Charge 5 as an update please and removing Fitbit Pay.

Reason is I have Fitbit pay on my Charge 5 and Versa 2 but being in the UK Fitbit pay only supports 9 banks for which 5 of them I have never heard of before. Apart from Santander non of the big player banks are supported. This is frustrating as Fitbit pay is included in the market price and I cannot use this feature.

It also makes sense now to stop supporting Fitbit Pay and replace it with Google Wallet instead, this will make the Charge 5 and maybe others line-up better with the new generation Google/Fitbit strategy.

mbarylski
Tempo Runner

@BobsledJoe Completely agree. If Google Wallet is getting added to the Sense 2 it seems it could/should be added to the Sense. Hope it gets added as I have no interest in Fitbit Pay.

wingsol
First Steps

Seriously, folks have been asking for Google Wallet access since 2018! When my Charge 5 goes kaput, I'm getting a Samsung Watch. Actually -- might get one before my Charge 5 dies!

Osampaio
Recovery Runner

You are going to be disappointed , because the battery last only one day.
I saw that the new Versa 4 has finally Google Wallet.
Best Regards

Moderator Edit: Formatting

tgmacro
First Steps

According to 9to5Google, the latest version of Android's Play Services shows signs that Google Wallet — which includes Google Pay — is adding Fitbit smartwatch support. That includes a new menu with graphics resembling a “squircle” Fitbit smartwatch.

tg macro

Osampaio
Recovery Runner
Excellent information.
Let's hope it comes to life
Mamatahk
First Steps

I would love to try some new apps. But it keeps sending.a army

Petegun
First Steps

Please 🙏 allow you to add Google wallet to Fitbit sense 2, or at the very least, be able to add the same cards to the Fitbit wallet that you can have in your Google wallet. I even have the new pixel Pro phone, being all owned by Google you would think that this would all integrate seamlessly. I was wrong shame on me. 🤔

iAnanjev
First Steps

Just bought Fitbit Sense 2 and got very frustrated that HSBC, Nexo and other cards in UK are not supported in Fitbit Pay. I currently using them in a google wallet on my Samsung phone. It will be great if Google Wallet app could be added to the Fitbit Sense 2 devices. This way it will be much easier to manage cards and also it will save time and money by manually adding supported banks to the Fitbit Pay app.

Osampaio
Recovery Runner
I totally agree with you. I just bought Versa 4, thinking it will come with
this feature, but was very frustrated to discover it is not available yet.
Very sad and disappointing.
asiayeah
Pace Setter

While it's been announced for Sense 2 and Versa 4. Is there any tentative date? 2022 or 2023? Thanks.

jameslucas1
First Steps

While a household name for its fitness and health features, the Fitbit brand is not exactly known as the smartwatch to wear for day-to-day life conveniences, such as electronic payments.

op autoclicker

Osampaio
Recovery Runner

Never mind, if it has the ways to improve, it must be done

LeithC
Recovery Runner

Would love to see Google wallet supported added, as my bank supports it but not Fitbit pay.

Firiel
First Steps

i would love to see google wallet on charge 5 as well. Please make it happen

honglong1976
Sprinter

This is a big selling point for me as well. If my Versa 3 is to replace my Apple Watch, it needs to have more bank support (Google Wallet).

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on Fitbit Sense 2 and Fitbit Versa 4. You can find more details here: What should I know about using my Fitbit device to make contactless payments?

@RB_Swe, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

Osampaio
Recovery Runner
Great news, but when I'll be able to reinstall my wallet or Google Pay in
my Versa 4?

Thanks a lot
asiayeah
Pace Setter

We should raise another feature request that all cards with Google Wallet on Android should also work with Google Wallet for fitbit.

wingsol
First Steps

Okay but what about my Charge 5 and other relatively new FitBits? Screw us for not upgrading?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.