Add Lloyds bank to UK Fitbit pay

More bank compatibility for uk Fitbit pay versa users. So far Fitbit pay is not connected to any major banks in the UK. The very few that fit bit pay is connected to I’ve never even heard of. So as a UK versa owner I have the special edition and can’t use the very feature that separates it from the the normal versa.

is Fitbit pay going to compatible with the major banks in the UK like Barclays, Lloyds, Santander, HSBC, NatWest, TSB, Metro Bank, Halifax, Royal Bank of Scotland etc and also I haven’t seen any where (shops) that accepts Fitbit pay yet.  

Moderator Edition: Labels and format

Moderator Edition Jan 14th 2019: Retitled to focus on Lloyds Bank in particular rather than all UK banks. Updated thread with links to multiple individual UK banks.

595 Comments
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Alfred83, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add Lloyds bank to UK Fitbit pay. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". I hope to see you around.

Flying_Kiwi
Recovery Runner

Now it's over three years and 500 posts since this thread was started and given your company CEO recently emailed me to confirm that Google has bought out Fitbit, when can we look forward to Google Pay (which is already very well supported by UK banks) finally being incorporated into Fitbit watches? What about Google's WearOS instead of Fitbits proprietary Operating System? It seems that such moves would address this whole thread in one go... Otherwise how much longer does Fitbit need to 'consider' this?

Bebo
Jogger
Thanks for the reply now Google has taken over it may be different

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Rachs07
First Steps

Please add Lloyds Bank to Fitbit pay 

SXFOXSTAR
First Steps
There are only a few banks in the UK that are compatible with fibit pay. The main banks HSBC, Barclays, Lloyds and NatWest are not currently compatible.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SXFOXSTAR , we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Add HSBC to Fitbit pay

Add Lloyds bank to UK Fitbit pay

Barclays Bank for Fitbit Pay

Natwest bank added to Fitbit Pay

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

SanjJ
First Steps

Some of these comments are quite old now. Can you give an update on any of the major UK banks? ... Is this not not a priority for Fitbit? A smart watch without a useable wallet is a bit of a major flaw IMO. 

SXFOXSTAR
First Steps

I agree but it apparently is on the banks to implement. And I am not sure what the user base would be. Although with Google's acquisition then hopefully Google pay will come to Fitbit.

Flying_Kiwi
Recovery Runner

Indeed Google Pay should soon be coming to the rescue. Why would any UK banks want to go to the trouble to make their systems compatible with a relatively unknown proprietary way of making contactless payments when there are already far more widely accepted (and supported) payment methods such as Google Pay and Apple Pay in common use. The question is when is Fitbit going to announce such a move?

Jjthain
First Steps
After purchasing the fitbit charge 4 an upgrade from the 3, for the sole purpose of using fitbit pay. I am extremely disappointed that the wallet doesn't support my bank or any of the main banks used in the UK. I suggest more banks should be added so that people can use this function on there device.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jjthain, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see more UK banks on
Fitbit Pay. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as
"Under Consideration". I hope to see you around.

Bookmadjanex
First Steps

Add TSB to Fitbit pay please

Jjthain
First Steps
Add Natwest to Fitbit pay please
RozziDrozzi
First Steps

I’m absolutely astonished that Fitbit has not set up the wallet and Fitbit pay with the major UK banks. I am an apple man but I thought I’d give the Fitbit sense a chance, I’ve still got my 30 day money back guarantee from Amazon and now on the strength of knowing that I’m not going to be able to use my Fitbit to pay for goods and travel, i’m probably going to send it back and get the Apple Watch. Sorry Fitbit but this is an epic fail.

Flying_Kiwi
Recovery Runner

Now tha Fitbit is owned by Google (and it's been ratified), I'm just as astounded that there's been no announcement here about the adoption of Google Pay and changes to utilise the Google WearOS! As an 'apple man' I can understand you voting with your wallet RozziDrozzi.

Personally I'm still waiting for an 'All Google' device to go with my Pixel Phone and I'd like something that even has a 4G/LTE or better connection (that's not locked to any particular network in the UK) so that I can use it instead of my phone when out hill-walking. At least one other manufacturer already has just such a product out from a few months ago (apart from the fact it's locked to certain networks in certain countries) so I don't know why Google/Fitbit are so slow on this.

leztheshunt
Jogger
there are still no mainstream high street banks able to use fitpay
why no HSBC NATWEST LLOYDS ETC ???
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @leztheshunt, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Natwest bank added to Fitbit Pay

Add HSBC to Fitbit pay

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

leztheshunt
Jogger
It may be already suggested however that was over 2 years ago and still not resolved

Get Outlook for iOS
balbip01
Recovery Runner
Never going to happen which is why Fitbit were very silly advertising the feature in the UK with the fact it just wasn’t available in the UK buried in the small print

Sent from my iPhone
Flying_Kiwi
Recovery Runner

@balbip01 I don't see the point of it ever happening either given Fitbit have been bought out by Google and Google already have the fabulous Google Pay. Why would Google want an inferior payment method that has less support internationally incorporated into its product when it could concentrate on using its far more established Google Pay product and incorporating that into Fitbit products - the question is when will we see it?

When Fitbit releases such a product then many more people based in the UK (and world-wide) will be interested in buying it.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Surely Fitbit pay could now be updated to add more banks to use this app. Apple Pay is so easy on Apple Watch so why can’t Fitbit be similar. Very disappointed with the compatible app of Versa 3  

Jjthain
First Steps
My friend has just purchased the versa 3 and called me to ask how to add
her lloyds bank card to it. She is also very disappointed that it
doesn't work. It's a joke
Flying_Kiwi
Recovery Runner

Is she disappointed enough to want her money back because it's not fit for one of the purposes she intended to use it for here in the UK, namely making contactless payments? It seems as if the fact that (unlike Google Pay) Fitbit Pay isn't well supported in the UK wasn't made clear to your friend through advertising.  Is it the case that she only realised after trying to set up the device? Sounds like an excellent case to go back to the seller and reject the purchase on these grounds. Fitbit could solve all these problems by just including its new owners Google Pay instead of (or perhaps additional to if an advantage can be seen in doing so) Fitbit Pay. What do you think?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This post was three years ago!! How has this not happened yet? Please add Lloyds bank and all major uk banks to Fitbit pay!! Otherwise we have all brought a product for a feature none of us can use!

Flying_Kiwi
Recovery Runner

@SunsetRunner Why would Fitbits new owner Google want to spend money on the proprietary Fitbit Pay and improving support for that, when theres already a well supported NFC compatible payment app called Google Pay that they could implement into NFC watches either instead of Fitbit Pay or additional to it?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.