Add Lloyds bank to UK Fitbit pay

More bank compatibility for uk Fitbit pay versa users. So far Fitbit pay is not connected to any major banks in the UK. The very few that fit bit pay is connected to I’ve never even heard of. So as a UK versa owner I have the special edition and can’t use the very feature that separates it from the the normal versa.

is Fitbit pay going to compatible with the major banks in the UK like Barclays, Lloyds, Santander, HSBC, NatWest, TSB, Metro Bank, Halifax, Royal Bank of Scotland etc and also I haven’t seen any where (shops) that accepts Fitbit pay yet.  

Moderator Edition: Labels and format

Moderator Edition Jan 14th 2019: Retitled to focus on Lloyds Bank in particular rather than all UK banks. Updated thread with links to multiple individual UK banks.

595 Comments
Flying_Kiwi
Recovery Runner

The fact that Google now owns Fitbit and Google already has a well established app for payment (Google Pay/Wallet) which is far more widely accepted by banks than the proprietary Fitbit Pay means its pointless for Google to develop Fitbit Pay - it should just be replaced with Googles own offering.

Daizydoo
Jogger

Absolutely ridiculous that some of these comments are over 4 years old and they are still relevant today! I’ve just bought Charge 5 and I’m very disappointed that I can’t use my Fitbit to pay. I use Apple pay all the time but my Fitbit would be handier. I’m with the TSB. 

Flying_Kiwi
Recovery Runner

Let your wallet do the talking then and return it for a refund Daizydoo. Once Fitbit finally get around to using an all Google setup ie WearOS and Google Pay/Wallet, then this matter will be solved (because Google Pay/Wallet, just like Apple Pay, is widely accepted here in the UK).

JCTaro
First Steps
Halifax and Barclays Bank Visa Cards to be added to Compatible List
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JCTaro, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

Belgevain
Jogger

This is precisely why I have not bought another Fitbit, 3 years of asking for additional banks to get added, and due to one of the banks that was compatible closing, there are even less banks available than when I first got my Charge 3.

So, I've got myself a Garmin, who, so far, have responded proactively to the only issue I had with it so far. Massive difference in attention to their customer!

Daizydoo
Jogger
I wish I had looked into this before I bought another one but when, in a couple of years (if I’m lucky), this one is broken, I’ll most certainly be wiser.

Sent from my iPhone
Vesta88
First Steps

It's 2023 and there are no major banks added. Why is this? 

Daizydoo
Jogger
I suspect it’s because they don’t care about their customers!

Sent from my iPad
Graeme1974
Recovery Runner
You can get a curve card and add your bank card to that card. This then works with you Fitbit pay.

Sent from my iPhone
Daizydoo
Jogger
I’d never heard of this but just checked it out on the MSE site. Looks like the answer. Thank you for enlightening me.

Sent from my iPad
TenaxInFide
Jogger

Odd that after all the years of requests to have popular and mainsttream UK banks added has still not been resolved. This is despite google pay being accpted widely but not on a google owned Fitbit app. I've used Curve for samsung pay and its fiddly and not ideal.

Y3lto
First Steps

Please add barclays visa and Halifax visa cards please.

Teebag
Recovery Runner

Please add Lloyds bank.

Jedi1973
First Steps

Over 5 years on from the original post.
Come on Fitbit sort this out !
We need compatibility for the major UK banks or you are going to see sales dropping for other rival products.

New2019user
First Steps
To be fair ... 5 years on and Starling is now a UK major bank and a **ahem**
good one at that . Interest rate us epic .
Teebag
Recovery Runner
I've added and used my Lloyds cards to my Versa 3.
Flying_Kiwi
Recovery Runner

It seems there are lots of people that can't add common UK banks to their Fitbit watch payment app here so for the benefit of those having difficulty with this, how and using what app?

Mini2021
First Steps

I am going through the fitbit app and the only "highstreet" bank listed for the UK is Santander.

Teebag
Recovery Runner
On the Fitbit app, I clicked Google wallet and added from there.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.