Add Noom as a third party app to log food

Fitbit should really consider adding Noom as a 3rd party app.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

50 Comments
Cpranz
Jogger

I would like Fitbit to seek a partnership with Noom so steps can be synced with that app.

Moderator edit: Label

Cdnfit
Recovery Runner

Would also like to sync with Noom.  It had been syncing with Noom until a couple of days ago.  Is Fitbit blocking it?  

Cpranz
Jogger
Fitbit doesn't include Noom as one of its partner apps. I sent them a
request to do so but not sure if that will help.
Cdnfit
Recovery Runner
Thanks, I also sent a note to my Noom coach that many Fitbit owners were
contemplating leaving Noom because of this and asked him to escalate my
note to a higher up. I personally don’t have an issue with using two apps
but many do. We will see what happens!
rconkwright
First Steps

Me too! If Fitbit supported Noom, it would really benefit my fitness goals - especially the step tracker.

Cdnfit
Recovery Runner

I contacted Nooms help desk and let them know their app was not listed as compatible and that there were some Moom users considering not keeping their subscriptions.  They responded by telling me thanks for letting them know and that they will be working with their developers for a fix to the issue.

Breatheasy211
Jogger

I totally agree.  Both are too expensive to not use either together- please work on this 

Cpranz
Jogger
I received this message from Fitbit support.

Hi. At this time, we have no info on this. However, the integration of Noom
with Fitbit has been suggested recently by a Fitbit user to our developers.
You can show your support by casting a vote and dropping your comment here:
https://t.co/RQrggIEYSW. We hope to see you there.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Dear @Cpranz and Community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

taynkal
Jogger

Noom is the only health app which focuses on psychological health along with nutrition and fitness. Please get this app added to fitbit.  Those like me, who struggle with emotional eating and bad habits need this psychological component. 

KathyLouise
First Steps

I agree,I  would like Fitbit to seek a partnership with Noom so steps can be synced with that app. Very frustrating that they don't. Come on Fitbit-get on top of this!!

ArchAngelxoxo
Jogger

I would like the synchronization to include food logged, steps, and workout information. So, food input from Noom to Fitbit and step/workout information from Fitbit to Noom. .

Ostermiller
First Steps

I really think you should partner with Noom to better sync steps with their app

Brdh
First Steps

Hopefully Fitbit will partner with Noom soon. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hi it would be really awesome if you could partner with the NOOM app. They say they are but I checked with your company and you are not.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, nice suggestion, I've moved it into a similar request. You can vote and post your comments here! Keep sharing your ideas on the Feature Suggestions Board.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Great news I was able to connect

Sent from my iPhone
TamiG31
First Steps

I found this board because I was searching for a tracker that works with Noom because I am beyond frustrated with Fitbit not syncing. This app works for many because of its focus on the psychological aspects of over eating. Please find a way for them to sync more consistently. I like my Fitbit and have been using them for years, but I need this to be seamless and easy if I am going use it consistenly. I am sure others feel the same way.

TamiG31
First Steps

I found this board because I was searching for a tracker that works with Noom since I am beyond frustrated with Fitbit not syncing. This app works for many because of its focus on the psychological aspects of over eating. I like my Fitbit and have been using them for years, but I need this to be seamless and easy if I am going use it consistenly. I am sure others feel the same way.

LizeG
First Steps

Yes, please integrate, the most frustrating part is that for work incentives I need to use Fitbit as it is the more known app, but Noom supports other aspects of my weightloss journey and tracks food in a different way thta I find helpful, so would like the food to sync back so it can report in to Fitbit. My steps do sync, I am also asking for the food portion to sync

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @zhencheval.

Thanks for sharing your idea with us. Having the option to have Noom on the watches could be very useful for fans of that app.

Let's see what others have to say.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Dear community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

Klinger1951
First Steps

I have spent a very frustrating 3 hours over the last two days trying to sync my Fitbit with Noom.  Evidently, Noom in not on the list of compatible 

Fitbit 3rd party apps....why not?  Please allow these two apps to work together.   Thanks. 

Jktemp
First Steps

I also would like to have NOOM as a compatible 3rd party app. It worked great a couple of months ago, as long as I kept my watch and the Fitbit app synched. Now, I cannot get it to synch with NOOM at all. I’ve double-checked settings on both apps and nothing works. I’m a beginner and this is a frustrating disappointment. 

JRzMom
Recovery Runner

I am using Noom to track meals but it doesn't report to FitBit. I get my weight from my Aria (FitBit) scale and Exercise/Sleep data, but not meals. I suppose this means that FitBit reports, but doesn't receive from other apps. Wish it would!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.