Add 'Pixel watch' in the same account with other devices

I just received my new Pixel watch and was disappointed to find out I could no longer use my Versa 3 watch as well. My Pixel watch has a battery life of 24 hours which is not sufficient to get me through a camping weekend. I thought I could switch between the 2. I would be willing to remove all apps from my Versa 3 to get that functionality.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and label

146 Comments
PS-UNIT
First Steps

@czandor Same here. Owner of a Charge 5 and Pixel Watch and would love to know how you have done this. I am not sure how to message you. I can list my Twitter account if needed so you can DM. Whatever is best. Thanks in advance for the help.

greggy123
Recovery Runner

Now I am wondering if you can force 2 of same or similar devices by tricking them onto the app, I do not really care about gallery & use 2 phones anyway.

Have 2 sense, 1 charge 4, 3 &2, alta and alta hr

charge 2 and alta series are fine with 1 sense on account, charge 4 no, charge 3 not tried yet, may play around more in holidays.

would really like sense and charge 4 or 5 to work together

we have versa 3 and charge 2 also on partners acc, works fine.

The other way I have been pondering is by using a new account, and then a sync app to get the data into other fitbit acc, but would be nice if they just made this work instead of needing hacks to do stuff 🙂

Scottie.H
First Steps

@czandor your help please! Just got pixel watch thinking I could use alternatively with my charge 4. If you could PM me how it can be done as I cannot workout how to contact you 

ayaashpaw
Runner

Same. Was using the Charge 5 and got the new Pixel Watch. Wanted to use both. Charge 5 for sleep tracking and Pixel Watch for work/socially.

If Google allows multiple devices to be on the same account (with instant pairing), they can increase hardware sales and we can keep a variety of devices based on our needs. Win Win for all. 

dennisq823
Jogger

I agree! I don't want to wear my new Pixel watch while running (in case I fall I don't want to scratch it up) or while sleeping. I'm disappointed I have to choose one or the other. 

Zampaja
First Steps

Same as everyone else. Gotta be able to have more than one device in the same account. I'm not gonna wear an expensive smart watch playing sports or other activities that could damage it. Fix this already it has been years...

PS-UNIT
First Steps

See @czandor"s post above for a work-around.

greggy123
Recovery Runner

That work around is for pixel watch

Zampaja
First Steps

The workaround for the Pixel Watch works!

greggy123
Recovery Runner

Watch for any unexpected behaviour. 

Does the pixel watch have gallery ?

DJAxeT
Recovery Runner

@YojanaFitbit 

Can you review, and provide an update.   If it possible then I hope fitbit will know and share.   Also you were able to respond quickly to this question initially but seen no updates on this from from fitbit.  How long for a solution or work around. 

PS-UNIT
First Steps

@greggy123 I could be wrong, but I believe the workaround is for any Fitbit device.

czandor
Recovery Runner

@greggy123 It probably works with everything, but it's not recommended because of the App Gallery. The companion running on the phone can get confused and run into errors.

Pixel Watch does not run App Gallery. The reason why Fitbit does not allow it is unknown.

greggy123
Recovery Runner

Unknown reason may be.........just cannot be bothered 😀

I will try later. I only care about tracking errors  not gallery, and most apps seem to be stand alone anyway.

Clearly this should all just work. Low priority it seems.

BenjiMount
First Steps

I too just purchased a pixel watch and a Fitbit versa 4 and am extremely disappointed to find that Fitbit does not allow both devices connected to one account. Now I need to decide which one to keep if I keep any at all. This could be a deal breaker for both devices 😞

Freak3150
Recovery Runner

I'd like to be able to add 2 Pixel watches at the same time. I switched from a Sense due to it having syncing and notification problems, and I now use 2 Galaxy 4 watches, one for work and one for everything else. This also solves the battery issues (the Galaxy watches are better than the pixels in that regard, but still need charging  way more than the Sense did).

cimbian
Stepping Up

Having got the pixel watch as being introduced to Fitbit I thought "this is great!" but I'd like something smaller and lighter for my workouts and sleeping. So bought the inspire 3 (also great!). I stupidly just assumed this would work - it seems like a no-brainer. The interface even seems to suggest you can have multiple devices there. For now I just keep the inspire 3 paired and use it for workouts/sleeping but miss out on random walks, etc. during the day when I'm wearing my pixel watch.

czandor
Recovery Runner

@cimbian Just read the whole thread (only 3 pages). You will find the solution.

cimbian
Stepping Up

@czandor found it 🙂 thank you. Will try tonight. 

Raeynn
First Steps

@czandor Apologies - I have reread the thread multiple times and can't connect the dots on how to accomplish the workaround. Been tooling different strategies between my Pixel Watch and my Inspire 2 but no luck so far. 

Maybe the answer post was removed or I am just missing it. Any clarification on what to do would be appreciated.

Been tooling different strategies between my Pixel Watch and my Inspire 2 but no luck so far.

czandor
Recovery Runner

@Raeynn just send me an email to andor.czafik at gmail dot com and I can send you the workaround. 

Thrudnar
First Steps

I bought both a Pixel Watch and an Inspire 3.  I want to use my Pixel Watch during the day and still use my Inspire 3 at night and when camping - it has a longer battery life and I don't need many of my Pixel Watch features camping.  It's somewhat absurd that it's an issue to get both devices to work.

Do I return a device?  Create a second account?  Go with some competing product to replace one of these devices?

dennisq823
Jogger

@Thrudnar I understand your frustration! The Pixel watch is beautiful to wear during the day, but the batter life is pathetic. I would love to be able to switch between my Charge 5 and watch depending on the time of day and activity I am planning to do. I do not want to wear the Pixel watch while sleeping (again, battery issue!) or while doing any type of contact sports because of potential damage. My Charge 5 can take a beating.

Additionally, when I go camping annually I need something that doesn't require twice daily charging. Fitbit and Google need to get this together. 

At the moment, the Pixel watch is on the chopping block because it is the less practical of my two devices. 

@Raeynn  and @czandor  I have tried the work-around a few times now and each time it has failed. The watch just connects so quickly that by the time the Charge 5 reaches the correct point it fails because the watch beat it!

@BenjiMount Let us know which one you keep (if any). I am considering returning my watch, which is sad because it is beautiful and I have received nothing but compliments while wearing it. 

PS-UNIT
First Steps

The work-around works fine. I have completed it several times and currently have a Charge 5 and Pixel Watch connected. Follow the instructions very closely. Contact the author of the work-around and he'll be glad to help you. 

greggy123
Recovery Runner

You can also just go and buy a cheap used tracker that will be easy to add to your account too, like a charge 2, Alta or Alta HR, these will add to account no worries with a versa or sense watch/tracker.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.