Add Plogging as an exercise shortcut

"Blogging." It's a thing! And it is something I've been doing for a long time and just never realized there was a word for it. The word comes from an article I read in the Huffingtonpost online: "New Fitness Trend ‘Plogging’ Keeps Both Humans And Mother Earth Healthy."  In short it is walking or jogging and picking up trash for proper disposal along the way. Get exercise, clean up the environment, and make your neighborhood more beautiful all at the same time. It would be great if I could document my plogging on Fitbit and even challenge my Fitbit friends to a bit of weekend or week-long plogging. Let's plog together!

5 Comments
11KPeregrinator
First Steps

That's "Plogging" --but spell check keeps auto correcting.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @11KPeregrinator !

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
ultan
First Steps

PLOGGING - a fitness trend sweeping the world (literally) for good!

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/mar/31/plogging-steven-poole

In Europe and the U.S. and Asia, the activity of Plogging is taking off (running and picking up litter). This is an environmental and fitness win in one! Fitbit devices or apps and dashboards should officially have Plogga as an out of the box option for users to choose.

Plogging activity calorie burn is as as much as a fairly decent runner.

See: https://cleancoasts.exposure.co/plogging

"Plogging, what is plogging you may ask? Well, it a new craze which is sweeping the World and it involves a combination of jogging and litter picking. This eco-friendly fitness phenomenon was born in Sweden in 2016, and it derives from the word “plocka upp” which means to pick up. "

See my image from Lifesum app.

ultan
First Steps

Image Image showing calorie burn of Plogging from my Lifesum app

Image from my Lifesum app showing Plogging calorie burn.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.