Add Snow Shoveling as exercise shortcut

After spending the last four days shoveling, pushing cars out of snow drifts, etc pre:post snowzillia my FitBit Flex barely made a dent, with a exception of some elevated calories burned. I can tell you I felt physically exhausted each night. Much more so then working out at the gym or walking 6-8 miles. Would love to see some options such heavy snow shoveling be added. I fell strongly that my weekly report will be most inaccurate this week.

Moderator edit: added labels/Title for Clarity

215 Comments
Dougweerts
Jogger
Hi,
It would be nice if you added Snow Shoveling as an exercise. This winter has been bad and instead of working out inside or using my snow blower, I have used shoveling as an hour long exercise - have a long and wide driveway.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Dougweerts, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding snow shoveling as an exercise shortcut with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

KorolukC
First Steps
I would love to see shoveling added to the exercise type list.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @KorolukCthanks for sharing your suggestion about including Shoveling on the exercise type list, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is Not currently planned. This helps to keep the forums more organized. 

Thank you for your participation in the Community. 

Yooper75
First Steps
I agree with all those who have requested that shoveling be added as activity and am adding my request as well.
Sherripip
First Steps

Why is this snow shoveling still not added?  I see the first suggestions were from 2016. Fitbit will track shooting and gardening but not something that is  dry physical like shoveling. Folks that live in cold climates like Chicago need options that are not just for nice climates.  Can we get a response from Fit bit in this?

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Yooper75, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding snow shoveling to the Exercise app list with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support. Your feedback is truly appreciated, and we'll keep tracking this request over time.

Angiebaby33
Jogger
I'd like to see more exercises added to the database especially with so many people working out at home during COVID. Shoveling snow, for example, isn't a recognized exercise.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Angiebaby33, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding more exercises done at home such as shoveling with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

DVGMAR
First Steps
Please add "Snow Shoveling" and "Snow Blowing" as selectable workouts.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DVGMAR, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding 'Snow Shoveling' as exercise shortcut. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

quickie
First Steps
Please add snow shoveling as an activity.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @quickie, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding 'Snow Shoveling' as an activity. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support since this feature suggestion has been marked as not currently planned at the moment. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

AngWur
First Steps
I don’t understand how “shooting” is an exercise choice but snow shovelling is not. It’s not if a workout than mowing the lawn which is there!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @AngWur, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding snow shoveling to the Exercise app with us. I noticed this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.