Add SpO2 app to manually measure this data

An app to manually measure SpO2 for 1-2 min (like ECG) or can monitor oxygen concentration continuously all day

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

24 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Vibh_oreo, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding an app to manually measure SpO2 data from your Fitbit device with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

My2Sense
Jogger

Totally agree @Vibh_oreo  -- HRV would be great too. 

tansy49
Stepping Up

What is the link for this app?

Vibh_oreo
First Steps

@tansy49 there is no such app on charge 5 for now we are here requesting this feature from Fitbit developers and team

Azbidr
First Steps

This function is essential. I bought a Sense and returned it because it could not display real-time oximetry, nor a graph of sleep oximetry. The datum that it does report, average sleep oxygen saturation, is worthless, offers false reassurance, and will miss significant sleep disordered breathing. The user should be able to see the full graph of sleep oximetry including the amount of time set below certain benchmarks such as below 90% and below 80%. Until you improve your software, this hardware is quite useless. 

Deb1972
Jogger

I agree with above comment, seeing a full graph of during the night, but I need it for improving my breathing and it would be helpful to have it displayed throughout the day.  I also  like the idea of having apps for seniors, or certain medical conditions.  I have asthma and need to know when my sats go down. and how long it takes to recover.  

tansy49
Stepping Up
I am now only getting one number for SpO2 from each night. How do I get a
read out?--
Jeannie Nesheim
BethW21
First Steps

I also think string a monitor to check your SpO2 levels throughout the day will be helpful. I would like to monitor the oxygen levels in my blood throughout the day and not just when sleeping at night. 
Hopefully this will be an update in the very near future (especially with covid to help people monitor) 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Agree with all the above. Daytime HRV and spo2 readings would be fantastic.

sixabi
Jogger

please please please do this!

Vibh_oreo
First Steps

LizzyFitbitmoderator please have a look at this and get this resolved thanks 🙏👍

Johnerz
Runner

I think this would be a great new feature

UlrikeDG
Runner

It is absolutely ridiculous that we even have to ask for this. 

Fjordlander
First Steps

This would be a great feature! I currently have to use a separate monitor to get live SP02 so it would be great to get it in the watch 

Kneeda
Powerwalker

I, too, thought it was an app to measure SpO2 whenever you wanted to check it. I was so disappointed that it’s just for night.

tansy49
Stepping Up

Thank you all for your input. 

05nt
First Steps

Agree with all the above. Daytime HRV and spo2 readings would be fantastic.I see they offer this on the Amazfit GTS3. Would be great to have on my Versa3,  thank you, Don

EHills
Jogger

I'm hopeful, but also very doubtful, that fitbit will ever add anytime read-outs of oxygen levels! I'm sure they've had more than enough positive feedback for it but haven't taken action yet. I'm waiting, and waiting, but more than likely will eventually move to an Apple Watch for this feature as well as ECG reads! I've lost faith in this company months ago. Not only for this feature but the training of their staff that's supposed to help and their honesty. Please fitbit be better. We paid for features and were misled with labeling. 

Dylanresavy
First Steps

I was astounded by the lack of useful apps and how much of the tracking is relatively out of your control. Not even any third party apps to help fill the gaps.

Hsriv
First Steps

I bought this today because it was advertised as able to  read blood ox. What a waste of time because it doesn't read blood ox.  I don't care what my blood ox was last night. I want to know what it is right now.

Packaging it up and returning right now.

FehA
Recovery Runner

I too would be very interested in Daytime HRV & 

SP02 readings if available as need to watch my oxygen level & heart rate.

It would be great in Versa 2.

Here's hoping 🤞

Broadwing
Recovery Runner

Same here as just seeing it in the morning without variations during the day is not good. Additionally I’d like to see breathing variations during the night on a better chart that shows possibly hour that I might have had apnea event. 

katiemroberts
Jogger

It was such a disappointment finding out how useless the HRV and SpO2 readings actually are. The HRV should be done through out the day and feed into the Readiness Score - which at current is also useless. It’s clearly marketed the way it is for a reason but it does falsely suggest a much better device. My Sense is a disappointment and I will switch to Garmin next time. 

LeeGry
Jogger

The ability to manually measure SP02 any time would be ideal. My fitbit doesn't record my sleep properly, so I don't even have night time readings.

I love most features of my Fitbit, but am considering switching back to Garmin as their products do have on demand SP02 readings.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.