Add Swedish to the Fitbit food database

There are no Swedish or Scandinavian food database available in the Fitbit app, I would like to suggest that you add some more countries to your selection. The Swedish database exists, so it's mostly a question of will to integrate it with the App in the same way you already did with other countries.
https://www.livsmedelsverket.se/en/food-and-cont

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

8 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Fooddatabas, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding Swedish to the Fitbit food database with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

You might also be interested in this other suggestionWatch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Fooddatabas
Keeping Pace

Hi again,

I started checking for comments/suggestions regarding additional food databases for Sweden/Scandinavia and there are plenty of requests for this, but if you only pick up a suggestion depending on how many votes every individual suggestion gets it's never going to happend..... I think you need to check requests/comments regarding "food database" in general, and start adding more countries to the selection in order to stay relevant.

grxtv
First Steps
It would be really helpful if there was a food database for Sweden added to the app.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @grxtv, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of adding a Swedish food database to the Fitbit app. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

ScanIngo
Jogger

Länken till livsmedelverket gav mig ingen information och svenska koder för svenska matvaror.

Däremot har jag erfarenhet av att Bower har koder (www.getbower.com) De inspirerar många av oss att källsortera förpackningar med hjälp av koderna. Då jag tömmer mina källsorterade varuförpackningar vinner jag poäng som kan växlas till pengar för att t.ex. ge som bidrag till olika organisationer. I min kommunikation med Bower har de redovisat intresse för att pröva idén med Fit bit. Nu söker jag efter intresse i den här organisationen för att se om de kan möta Bower i ett försök att sy ihop synergieffekter. 

Hälsar Ingemar Eriksson 0761135929

Fooddatabas
Keeping Pace

How are things going  with with the Nordic food database? 

The only reason why Fitbit isn't submerged in requests for this is because Twitter isn't used much by Nordic users....

Erin.fuller
Jogger

I also request Scandinavian food database! Moderator says "vote" ... vote where? Why do we need to vote? If there are several requests, shouldn't that be enough? We are paying customers and do not have the same options as other countries. The database exists...i use another app to track food but then my Fitbit recording is not accurate. Come on! Add Sweden to food database!

LarsK
Recovery Runner

I don't have the skills nor understanding of the hardship of programming, and maybe my perspective of using a copy paste of the particular script, with a link direction to the Swedish Food database is a massive project, but if so: Please announce that: I am on a test run with Premium and I stand hesitant to begin paying full price for an unfulfilled product.

Question arised that might be answered?

1. This thread started in early fall 2022. Its now early 2024, ca 18 months in, and no action yet, or is there a date of fulfillment?

2. It seems to be voting-based: How many votes do you require? 20? 100? 1000? 65% of the Swedish population?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.