Add Sync Now to the Dashboard

This is way overdue.  Fitbit needs to add the "sync now" feature to the dashboard of the Fitbit website instead of having to go find "Fitbit connect" when you want to manually sync your device. Not sure why this has not already been developed.  Manual sync is one of the main problems with the devices

Moderator edit: Added labels 

43 Comments
pkunkle
First Steps

Paul K  7/24/15  5:45PM

My device won't sync again after only two days.  The data is stored on my HR but will not transfer data to the dashboard.  It took me an hour searching websites to find a place to sync (which I forgot after syncing).  Now today i have the same problem.  The battery is fine.  I don't remember how I got it to sync before and i am very aggrivated that i can't sync.  I can't believe this problem wasn't anticipated at an earlier date.  A button on the dashboard would save a lot of time and aggrivation.  I'm about ready to return this product.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend
With the PC you don't use the dashboard to sync, the Apps already have it. There is a sync note command in Fitbit Connect.
russmbrown
Base Runner

Gavote said:

on android and windows devices....

Again, I am suggesting we have a "Synch Now" button on the PC based Dashboard.  At one time we started our cars by hand cranking a handle under the front bumper.  Someone had the bright idea to make it possible to do so from the comfort of the drivers seat.  What I am asking is similar...  and yes, it's a  convenience thing!  There is lots of available screen space at the top of the dashbaord, and should only require a few lines of code....

Rich_laue said

With the PC you don't use the dashboard to sync, the Apps already have it.

Again why not?  Why do I have to click and start another application? Why not on the dashboard?

HotToddy
Recovery Runner
excellent
HHULL0814
First Steps

My friends and I would love love love a button on the dashboard to SYNC NOW instead of searching for it on the website while we are at our work computers. Its not always convenient to pull the phone out and log into the app to sync. Nor do we want to always wait until we are at home on our home computers. Some of us keep a dongle with us (just in case) and want to sync when ever where ever we want to. 

I just spent 20 minutes trying to find the sync now on the web and gave up to pull out the phone to sync. It should not be that difficult. 

Thank you 

OuzoOuzo3
Recovery Runner
Easy one I should think. How about having a sync button on the main app screen rather than having to go to account etc etc. Please; it really would make life much easier
jameshs
Jogger

I need a "sync now" button on the dashboard when using my windows laptop.  I'm having SOOO many problems with syncing I'm ready to switch to Garmin. The interface is VERY confusing because when I go to my dashboard I DON"T want it littered with marketing information.  The app tells me I haven't synced in a few days and then asks me if I need help syncing.  I click on the html link and it takes me to a generic syncing support page?  If you tell me I need to sync, just put a sync now button right there and let me manually sync.  Don't make me search and search for the manual sync function.  In fact as I type I still can't find how to sync my Charge HR.  And yes, I've been through the help sections and I don't see what the help people are trying to tell me.  I'm just always confused or lost when I use the Windows version of the app.

cgrochett
Premium User
Jogger

I AGREE - NEED A ONE CLICK "SYNC NOW" option on Windows laptop.  i get up every morning and want to catch up my logs, get motivated, etc and i want the action of syncing now with my laptop.  my iphone and fitbit app are great thruout the day while im on the move but i use my laptop and dashboard on my computer as "base."

When i read through the complaint comments about synching issues, it could probably relieve alot of those if people could synch from their laptops!!

PatB789
Jogger

Yes, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add a "Sych Now" button to the dashboard.  That's the logical place for it and I have absolutely no idea how to manually synch from my computer with the dongle.  The help threads are very confusing, all over the place.  Please just add a synch button to the dashboard  - it would be so much easier!

tenhenjen
Jogger

Agreed!

ToilingMidget
Stepping Up

I had a MacBook Pro, now have a MacBook Air and a Fitbit One. I've had it for years. My computers sit at the same place in the house as they always have. At the beginning, it used to work as advertised - synced automatically. For the past 2 years, it will not sync. I am really tired off having to read through troubleshooting guides that don't answer my question, reload software, etc. When I lose this Fitbit or it breaks, I will not buy another one. Thanks to comments from other frustrated Fitbit users, I now know that I hav other, better options.

KiwiDes
Base Runner

Hi, I just changed the time display using the dashboard, but to see it on the fitbit I needed to carry out a sync.  Spent ages working out how to sync now and did so by shutting down the app and then restarting the app.  A sync Now button on the dashboard would have been so much easier. Please provide, soon. Thanks.  

brightsidelife
Recovery Runner

On my windows desktop app, I have found a way to force sync (Yipee!) ... but it is a matter of clicking specifically on the circular arrows on the right of the tab. I've been using a fitbit for 2yrs, and it was only by accident that I discovered this tab had a "sync now" function! I personally think this should be more obvious, that the arrows should be on a button icon, or use the words "sync now" on a button. Slight design tweak, but it would make all the difference for idiots like me.

Colleencarolm
First Steps

Yes!   Please make a button on both the Fitbit watch as well as the Fitbit website that simply says "Sync."   It would be so appreciated.

KiwiDes
Base Runner

A Sync now button would be good, but when the dashboard is open on my iPad, I just swipe down slowly and it starts synching to my Fitbit.

Getting the dashboard to autorotate would be better for me.  It stays stuck on portrait, and my usual orientation is landscape.

Go well, regards Des

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@KiwiDes that is the way to sync now. 

It is also the way normal apps use to force a refresh .

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.