Add Sync Now to the Dashboard

This is way overdue.  Fitbit needs to add the "sync now" feature to the dashboard of the Fitbit website instead of having to go find "Fitbit connect" when you want to manually sync your device. Not sure why this has not already been developed.  Manual sync is one of the main problems with the devices

Moderator edit: Added labels 

43 Comments
jh2knit
First Steps

I would like an instant sync button on the dashboard. I use My Fitness Pal to track food and activity since my android phone  doesnt support an app. An instant sync on the computer would help me keep more up to the minute info.

jh2knit
First Steps

Or, get moving on the Android app so that it works with Flex.......

brewster62
Jogger

Or, at a minimum, create links.  The site says (for example), "go to main fitbit site," why not create a link?  As a customer, I'm not familiar with your terminology; to me, the "main" fitbit site would be my dashboard....

SportyTrix
First Steps

AMEN on the instant sync button on the dashboard!  Fitbit says that it "automatically" syncs every 15 minutes, but users all know it doesn't.  It syncs from time to time, randomly, when it feels like it.  Mine hasn't sync'd now in over 10 hours, even though I'm at my computer.  A "sync now" button would be easy to create and would fix what my friends all complain about the most.

pkrp
First Steps

Update alerts are good but how about a simple 'SYNC UPDATE' button on the dashboard that's easy to find, rather than 'hidden' away in 'Set Up' as it is at the moment. After all, we've already done the set-up. An update is different and ties in with syncing the fitbit (Flex in my case) with the USB sensor and the site. It just needs to be one button that you click to sync (and update if relevant).  

Sleek_27
Jogger

Thanks for saying what I've been thinking.  I have the Fitbit One and am stuggling to figure out how to force a sync rather than having to wait.

kek343
First Steps

It would really be awesome if there was a button on the dashboard that could force your fitbit to sync. I can never remember how to force it to sync. Sometimes I get up and walk around to get more steps to make it sync but that just seems excessive... a button would be best!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Thanks for this feedback!

jnhearne
Base Runner

If it's for a computer, wouldn't this require some Java applet running in the browser?

But if it's for the app, then I agree.  Unesseccary number of clicks to get to the Manaul sync button.

lwwisdom
First Steps

Doesn't make a difference if it is for a computer or an app.  It makes no sense to have to go looking for another link outside of the dashboard to sync a tracker, especially when the website is not syncing properly.  It goes from being a benefit to being a hassle

miles777
Recovery Runner

Please put a "Sync Now" button on the silent alarm setting page.  Since you always have to sync after editing an existing alarm or creating a new one, it makes sense to have a sync now button right on the setting page both to save time and to remind people that the setting isn't active until you sync up. This just seems like an obvious human factors and time saving design improvement.

sdbens2
First Steps

Please add a "Sync Now" button to the dashboard.  There's plenty of room and it would make syncing quicker and more convenient.  

BikeBikeBlue
Keeping Pace

Yes, Sync button on the dashboard makes sense.

Please make it happen Fitbit. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi guys, this is a really great idea. Thanks for posting your suggestions and feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our products and I will be sure to relay your feedback on.

mskdmnchr
First Steps

Dashboard needs a 'Hot Button' to sync  WITHOUT going through all the menus and stuff to do it. Seems to be a natural idea so you can force sync

pah04
Recovery Runner

I fully agree.  A sync now button would be helpful.

pah04
Recovery Runner

If the company is working on or doing upgrades to the site, they should post a notice at the top of the page, preferably the dashboard page.

This is at least the second time in as many months I've seen this be an issue, and each time, the users end up frustrated and angry because it just looks like something is not working, and we don't know why.  And at this point, I'm merely assuming that that is the same reason again.

cmfoste
First Steps

agree agree agree - waiting for it to get around to syncing (also known as hanging out on the computer for 15 mintues) is annoying

LaVerne
Premium User
Jogger

I want to be able to sync as I was prior to the latest dashboard. Today a sync has not occurred since 1:00 something yesterday. I have entered sleep time, I had considerable walking yesterday afternoon, the other postings are also out of date.

LaVerne Saxbury

russmbrown
Base Runner

How about adding a "Synch Now" Button on one of the top bars on the dashboard?

HotToddy
Recovery Runner

If the fit bit is unable to register exercise when one is holding onto a handle such as a lawnmower handle or babycarrage, perhaps a mode can be set to allow recognition for this type exercise! 

HotToddy
Recovery Runner
Thank you all for the feedback
russmbrown
Base Runner

HotToddy...  please explain, what relevance does your comment have to do with the thread topic?   Perhaps you should ask the question as a separate thread?

Gavote
Recovery Runner

on android and windows devices all you have to do is touch or click the area where the last reported sync is listed to trigger a query. Can't say for apple products.

TexasOpa
First Steps

If this is a good idea, why not do it?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.