Add Yardwork to the exercise shortcut list

Add Yardwork to Exercises and break it down with Pruning Mowing and Raking …. add active energy/ calories

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

9 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @pampette, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding yardwork to the exercise shortcut list with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Denholm
Jogger

Agreed. Yardwork would be a great addition. A lot of calories are burned when raking and prepping the yard for winter.

pampette
First Steps
Maybe even Snow Shoveling too! ❤️

Sent from my iPhone
examindlife
First Steps

I agree. I often rack up 10k steps gardening or snow shoveling. This would be a great addition because it reminds people that there are many ways to be active. I might also add household chores like vacuuming.

FishBait
First Steps

I would also like to see the yardwork categories suggested by pampette. Otherwise, what do I pick?

Lissa429
First Steps

Yes! Please! I spend most of the spring weeding and gardening... Working up a sweat and using muscles I don't use at other times. 

jenny2080
Jogger

Please consider adding this feature! Or at least allow users to rename the exercise details. Once the activity and time is logged it will pull your steps and heart rate and assign it. It would just be nice to be able to accurately describe the activity for better personal tracking. The same goes for any type of exercise as those are limited as well. 

Thank you in advance!

walkski1
Jogger
I do a lot of heavy yardwork like pruning bushes, pulling weeds, digging holes for plants, fixing irrigation system. It doesn't appear I get much in the way of credit for such activity other than some steps. Some days I spend 3 or 4 hours doing such things. Missing a lot of calories burned etc. in my dashboard. Suggest adding yardwork activit
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @walkski1, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding Yardwork to the Exercise app with us. Because this product feedback was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.