Add a Delete All Notifications option in the Fitbit app

Hi,
I got sometimes a stream of notifications which I don't mind. But is there any possibility to clear notifications area without deleting them one by one?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity
22 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @wbadry, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having a Delete All Notifications option in the Fitbit app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

charleskn
Distance Runner
Allow the selection of multiple notifications/messages in the mobile app, to delete multiple notifications at one time.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @charleskn, thanks for explaining why you would like to see a "Delete All Notifications" option in the Fitbit app. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Exnewyorker
First Steps
Apparently this is going to end up in the virtual circular file since this same request has been asked over and over and over again. Please make it possible to bulk delete messages and notifications in the Android app. I have messages from 2017 and 2018!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Exnewyorker, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to delete multiple notifications at one time with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post hereThis will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Note that you can delete each of your notifications on your Android device by keeping pressed the notification and selecting the option to delete/remove it. Keep adding your suggestions!

Freedom_from_ob
First Steps

I am here to look for the same feature. I have had a fitbit since 2015 and have notifications since 2018. Please add this feature. I am trying to start over fresh and I want them gone without spending hours deleting each one. 

charleskn
Distance Runner

The beauty of the discussions is that people can cheer your post/comment, and/or add comments. The problem is that when there are many cheers or comments after your's you get a notifications and/or popups for every cheer/comment.

The pop-up notifications, and the notifications all have to be cleared one at a time, which is VERY, VERY, VERY annoying. Either provide settings to control which notifications and/or pop-ups you see, or provide a way to clear all pop-ups or all/multiple notifications at one time.

Is this another great idea that's going the way of the Fitbit Dodo bird?

charleskn
Distance Runner

Yet again I received 100 old notifications about comments and cheers, for posts, in the Fitbit app. It took 15 minutes to delete them, which is VERY annoying. Can Fitbit PLEASE do something to stop the old notifications, and allow deleting multiple notifications at the same time?!?!?!

I checked with my FB friends, with whom we keep a regular workweek hustle, and several of them all received the same old notifications from the same person, and they all have different devices, so this is likely a bug in the app and/or backend.

mickelpickle
Jogger

I agree with this post.. I have over 200 notifications dating back several years.. I'd like to clear them out but 1 by 1 is taking quite a long time

Newfitkitty
Tempo Runner

Same here also I notice when I do it 1 by 1 my app eventually stops and restarts on me it is very annoying. So, I to would like something where you can at least select ones you want deleted or maybe after 30 days it deletes on it's own.

DizzyRedSox
Recovery Runner

On the notifications page (Next to the messages tab) it would be super helpful to be able to delete multiple notifications in one go, rather than deleting them one by one.
I'm not sure why we have to get a notification every single time someone else comments on someone else's post.

Moderator Edit: Label.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @DizzyRedSox, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having an option to delete all your notifications instead of one by one with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

DizzyRedSox
Recovery Runner

@LizzyFitbit 

Ok thank you for letting me know. It's a bit disheartening to see that this problem has been about for many years, and that it's still a problem. 

asiayeah
Pace Setter

I have hundreds of old notifications such as "Nailed it! You met your step goal for today." 

Please kindly add a way for delete all or multiple notifications quickly.

Newfitkitty
Tempo Runner

When are you guys going to do something about this? I really am getting tired of spending an hour of my mornings playing "How many notifications can I delete before my app freezes and reloads?" (FYI the record is 3.) and now after it does that to me at about three times it then takes me to the support page which you can't do a back button on you have to close the app and reopen it. I am unsure if I want to comment on a group member's post because of this. So, please tell us you are working on something? A check box to check how many you want to delete? a delete all? or even maybe do what my junkmail does every ten days and auto delete. Something anything please. Fitbit is supposed to be something fun and relaxing. But this problem is taking points off the fun and relaxing.

Newfitkitty
Tempo Runner

@wbadry wrote:
Hi,
I got sometimes a stream of notifications which I don't mind. But is there any possibility to clear notifications area without deleting them one by one?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

You get the feeling that this is now so far down the list it is being ignored?

asiayeah
Pace Setter

How hard to enable a multiple select feature to perform multiple delete?

At least give us an option to enable multiple select, then tap on each one to select quickly and then choose Delete Selected. It's that simple and standard these days.

Newfitkitty
Tempo Runner

IKR! Most other apps have that option. I like to think it would have been harder to make new clock faces and yet they did. So, this should be easy.

Newfitkitty
Tempo Runner
Awhile back on August 2 2020 There was a suggestion submitted that I think you should have another look at. It's called Add a Delete All Notifications option in the Fitbit app It was Submitted by wbadry Should really take another look
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

H @Newfitkitty, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having an Delete All Notifications option on the Fitbit app with us. We appreciate your feedback and because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here as this will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

fromyk1999
First Steps
Please make it possible to do a bulk deletion of notifications on your app.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @fromyk1999, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding a bulk option to delete notifications on the Fitbit app. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.