Add a "Phone calls only" to notifications' on/off status

I moved from my old Pebble to Fitbit Versa a month ago, and I really love Versa but one thing that I miss is the possibility to set a "Phone calls only" when I "mute" the device. I see a lot of value in it especially during nighttime, when one might actually like to be awaken if receiving a phone call (think of emergencies), but not be bothered by other notifications.

Moderator Edit: Updated label

9 Comments
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

For now you may go into your notifications setting and turn off all notifications but phone calls.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @adeandresNice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think about having the "Phone calls only" on/off status.

El_Chazmo
Recovery Runner

I was just about to put this as a request myself. Completely agree with @adeandres  I used to have a pebble and this feature was ACE.

@Rich_Laue  Your current suggestion of turning off all other notifications works, but can be time consuming to turn the back on again. Especially when only a few apps were selected.

Having a "phone calls only" mode would be more ideal.

Braash1910
Jogger
I want to be able to have my phone calls come in through my fitbit while I sleep (so they wake me up) while not having my texts or other notifications make the fitbit go off.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Braash1910, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to receive phone call notifications always. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Braash1910
Jogger

@YojanaFitbit., as close as this is to what I wants its not quite the same. I want to be able to do this while the sleep mode on the fitbit is activated and I want this to happen automatically when my fibit detects that I am asleep. So, I don't want to have to turn this feature on every night before I go to bed, I want it automatically activated. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

On the latest OS Fitbit when a sleep schedule is set up the notifications go silent automatically. 

If we had this option it would be automatic

Michmill
First Steps
This feature is ANNOYING! Is there anyway to turn this off without putting my Luxe into Do Not Disturb mode? I want to be notified for new incoming calls BUT I don't need near constant buzzing notifications telling me that I'm on a call. I know when I'm on a phone call - my fitbit doesn't need to remind me every 30 seconds!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Michmill, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding "Phone calls only" to notifications options. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.