Add a "Voice Recorder" on Fitbit Sense for Android devices

Other smartwatches/Trackers have the app option of Voice Recorder. I'm trialing a FitBit Sense & would like this feature.
30 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LoRo, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a "Voice Recorder" on Fitbit Sense for Android devices. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

You can also vote for this other suggestion: Adding A Voice Recorder To Versa 2.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

SpO2
Recovery Runner

I'd love a memo recorder, because I have ideas or remember tasks at inconvenient times, and then back home I forget.

And I encourage the Fitbit team to make it super easy: Immediately start recording when opening the app. So you can set the app as quick launch on days where you have a lot of meetings. Let user sort out and delete bad recordings from the smartphone app or dashboard, but keep the watch app quick and simple.

Armabit
Jogger

I second this. I don't understand why this isn't already there. The fitbits have a microphone. Why not use it to take speedy voice memos.

The title says for Sense, but of course this should be at least on versa 3 as well.

tareq11
Jogger

Voice record service is really important for Fitbit user. Since this device already has microphone access so, it should be added.

JoJ76
First Steps

This is the only reason I am not buying this watch

FitibitUser783
First Steps

I entirely agree!!! The watch already has a microphone - PLEASE add a memo recording app, Fitbit!!! This is ridiculously easy!!!

Jwh212
Recovery Runner

Pretty dumb to not have this. I watch my friends say things to the apple watch all the time. I just want to voice record an email address or something once in a while when i do t have my phone on me.

finkmj53
Recovery Runner

Yes, please!

Jonathanlaliber
First Steps

How is this not a feature yet? Disappointed

Cindymvm
First Steps

I returned a cheap smart watch that had this feature because I didn't feel the step counter was as accurate, and if they can figure out how to have this option it only makes sense that the Fitbit Sense should also have it. Super disappointed it doesn't. I hope someone makes an app compatible. I'd pay to have a good voice recorder on my fitbit. 

Being able to record voice memos would be great for remembering things quickly. I really don't want to get out my phone it's to slow.

Gluk8
First Steps

Would definitely love the voice recording on fitbit. Ideally prefer if the app developers are incentivized to put up their apps in a market place. 

hilfordjames
Base Runner

Yes let's please have voice recorder 

finkmj53
Recovery Runner

Yes I also would be highly in favor of a voice recorder on my Fitbit! Thank you!!

AnnemieB
Recovery Runner

yes, I have one on my apple watch and would like to have it on the sense that I purchased this morning!!! so many customers want it, so please consider it? thanks.

Maxairz
First Steps

~2 years of fitbit sense. Paying fitbit premium every month! And stil you don t have the recording feature? I m very soon to change to another brand!

medinahmike
First Steps

I've owned a Fitbit for many years, but the versa 3 is new and I do like the microphone, but like so many others I don't understand why there isn't a voice recorder.   Getting a bit older, I don't remember things as well, so when something comes to mind I need to jot it down and having a voice recorder would mean I have another means of making sure I capture a thought. 

benoffrankston
First Steps

Fitbit needs a voice recorder app!! 

fnerphl
First Steps

Yep. Would be great to have that! 

STARCHILD929
First Steps

Come on. Why do we still not have this???

MINDLESS
First Steps

A voice recorder would be extremely helpful for domestic violence victims. To be able to record on your watch when being abused for proof later could save many lives. Please consider this even if it doesn't get a lot of votes. It is extremely important to help victims. And an emergency call button would also help that is silent but the receiver can hear what's going on in the background 

JoAnn-M
Jogger

I would definitely like to see a voice recording button on the face of the watch for memos etc... Would be a plus.

STARCHILD929
First Steps

A voice recorder is more of a necessity than a plus to me.

Will seriously consider switching the product because of this. 

Jaimyq
First Steps

I'd love a memo recorder, because I have ideas or remember tasks at inconvenient times, and then back home I forget. This makes the Fitbit the only device I have to carry. So powerful 

It would get you several steps ahead that if you make it possible to record voices to our mobile phone via fitbit device.

You had better think about it, because you are already making it worse by removing challanges. 😕

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.