Add ability to set alarms back to the Fitbit App

Re-add the ability to add/update/delete alarms in mobile apps and sync to all fitbit devices. A recent firmware update seems to have removed this capability from mobile apps and it seems it is only possible to do this on the watch itself. I would like to see this functionality added back to the mobile apps.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

159 Comments
FatAl
Jogger
Restore the "manage silent alarms" in the app for the Charge4.

It's that simple. The functionality is there for the Charge3 and others. Allow alarms to be managed in-app on the charge4 rather than on-device only
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Eicen32, thank you for sharing this request. I've moved to a similar suggestion. Keep sharing your ideas!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @FatAl, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to adding the option to edit or delete alarms from the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

FatAl
Jogger
Restoring ability for Charge4 to manage alarms in-app instead of (or as well as) on-device
FatAl
Jogger

If there have been so many responses that you're busy merging them all into a thread, that surely says that there's a demand for this to happen?

• What's the business case for it to not happen?
  • Why are FitBit so determined to not allow this to happen, when it's been an in-app function of FitBit for every other non-smartwatch tracker they do?
  • Why is the Charge4 so different from any other devices?

For a company that keeps insisting "Customer Service is our priority", FitBit seem to be doing a blinding job of ignoring this simple request from their customers.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @FatAl. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about allowing to manage your alarms on the Fitbit app for the Charge 4. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep this board organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote

While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

RubyPedals
Jogger
In the firmware update in August 2020, you moved the ability to create a silent alarm from the app to the device. We lost the ability to have several alarms and it’s a tedious clunky interface.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @RubyPedals, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add, edit or delete alarms on the Fitbit App for new devices. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

MotherGinger
First Steps
My Charge 3 just updated to version 200001.88.11 and I can no longer manage my silent alarms from the app. Please bring back app management for the silent alarms.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MotherGinger, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to manage silent alarms on the Fitbit app again. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Rebootbody
First Steps
Following a device update of my Charge 3, you have stupidly removed the option to add/edit silent alarms via the app. Why?!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Rebootbody. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to manage your silent alarms on the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Fe737
Recovery Runner
Reinstate the silent alarms functionality in the android/iphone app. It doesn't need any new features, it was easy to use and check that it was correct.
TJW21
Recovery Runner

Please bring this feature back to the phone app. It was so much easier to use from there.

RichardKen
Jogger

I echo this opinion (and that of many others of the Forum).  Please bring back the functionality to manage the silent alarms on the phone app.  It was so much easier to use than fiddling around on the device screen.

JFDI339
First Steps

Agee. Not having silent alarm function on phone app is a deal breaker.  Time to switch device.

Candygurl12
Jogger

Please bring back the silent alarm on the app. Why on earth would you remove such an important function. I use this everyday and I am sure I speak for many other users. I am very disappointed with this update. Bring it back. 

Niconiconico
First Steps

Agreed. It is much more difficult to set alarms on the device. Please restore the ability to do this from the app. 

Alanlo
Jogger

Bring this feature back or allow us to roll back to the previous version of the software.  This is a dumb move and a backwards one.  One sure way to drop your NPS score 🙂

Banksie_FB5
Jogger

100% agree. Reinstate the facility to set alarms in the app. Limiting it to the device only is a backward step!

RubyPedals
Jogger

Absolutely agree. I’m actually looking at replacing with a different brand because I’m just appalled they’d remove this when it worked fine. I can see allowing people to set the alarm in either place but why remove it from the app? It’s made me incredibly sour about my Fitbit. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Fe737. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to manage your alarms on the Fitbit app. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

TommyD2014
Recovery Runner
I have made this request before: Add the ability to manage alarms back to the app. It is too difficult to do so only on my Charge 4. I have received messages telling me that my suggestion has been added to others that have made the same request. I want to ask why this functionality was removed and find that all the related threads are locked.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @TommyD2014, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add and edit silent alarms on the Fitbit app again. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

jonnyteach
Jogger
Return the alarm setting functionality to the app.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.