Add basal body temperature to Menstrual Health Tracking

The calendar method is not accurate for anyone with a cycle other than 28 days or variable cycles (which is the majority of the population). Basal body temperature is a reliable method for determining fertility. Please add an option to add daily temperatures AND include this in the algorithm. Thank you. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

36 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion @ExLpn

loisannh
Recovery Runner

I'm 68 and don't need the app. How can I delete???

ertstic
First Steps

YES. I would love to see Fitbit add a Basal Body Temperature log/chart option, and/or connect to existing charting/tracking apps such as Glow, Fertility Friend, Kindara, etc. I've been temp charting for years and it is much more accurate than just tracking period days and/or cm.

COnativechick
First Steps

I completely agree, please add basal body temperature. It’s the most accurate way to track fertility. 

Sun2snw
Jogger

Agreed! I was super disappointed that there was no way for me to add my temperature each morning. 

Calathea77
Tempo Runner

It's also not accurate if you have regular cycles but your luteal phase is anything other than 14 days. It's two days out for mine every time. I've had to disable it. 

jeunevive
Jogger

Hi,

please add basal body temperature to female health algorithm for more accuracy.

Thank you!

HaleeBurch
Jogger

Yes! Please partner with Kindara to give accurate fertility tracking that includes basal body temps. I would love to have the watch actually include a thermometer too, so we don't need multiple devices to keep track of our health.

joy8269
First Steps

Hello,

Could you please add basal body temperature to female health app and a place to write notes for more accuracy?

Thank you!

JadeMren
First Steps

Please add the ability to log your basal body temperature to the other period tracking information! I (like a lot of period-getting folks) have a non-standard cycle and so the ovulation and start-of-period dates are consistently incorrect for me, as is the fertility window. Would love to be able to use the FitBit app for real period tracking, right now I also have to use OvuView in addition since it is more accurate.

Slvance
First Steps

Please add basal body temp and it be available for those both trying to conceive and trying to avoid. 

mattymoo
Recovery Runner

Yes, Please add the ability to enter your Basal Body Temperature - it would be great to be able to plot this side by side with your resting heart rate to see patterns in the data. Alternatively, you could allow 3rd party fertility charting apps to read your Resting Heart rate data so that it doesn't need to be entered manually.

talexis
First Steps

Same here! Female health tracking is pretty useless to me without the option to track basal body temperature (BBT). Such a missed opportunity! It would be so great if Fitbit could create a way to track BBT and display it in a graph similar to the sleep tracker. I am really hoping this will become a feature soon - otherwise the Fitbit female health tracker is just like any other basic period tracker app out there.

katlynkg
First Steps

I recently purchased the WINK basal body thermometer, which bluetooth syncs with the Kindara app on my phone to log & track my temps daily. It's awesome! I am considering purchasing the upcoming Charge 3 Fitbit model as well, & women's health is one of the main features I'm most excited about. I can use WINK + Kindara + Fitbit to help achieve pregnancy, or avoid it. However, it would be even better if Fitbit could replace my Kindara app altogether so I just have to use Fitbit for all things health tracking.

Could Fitbit collaborate with WINK to add bluetooth compatibility (like with Kindara) to log temps? Or better yet, is there technology that Fitbit could incorporate into the wristband to capture BBT?

akmiller
Jogger

I was so hopeful that Fitbit would add a BBT tracking with the Charge 3. There are other tracking bands out there that are currently doing this and it would be awesome to have Fitbit be the one-stop- shop for all of the monitoring system. 

Come on Fitbit! 🙂 

Vlo11
First Steps

Yesss please!! This would be so convenient and helpful, I understand the challenge with this being a wrist device but even if it involved adding a patch of some sort in a better place for basal body temp tracking that would work! But I imagine even tracking temp at the wrist, since it's at least consistently the same place you're measuring, it might do?

jjp4
Recovery Runner

I have been using natural family planning since we married 18.5 year ago. The charts prior to conceiving our oldest were beautiful-I took my temp on time every day & could easily see the temp shift. Now with the demands of motherhood, I would LOVE a Fitbit that tracked my Basel body temperature for me, so I knew it was accurate & always in the app.

The Catholic Church recognizes NFP using BBT, so this could be something of an advantage as well...millions of Catholics in the world wanting a Fitbit!

BTW, the calendar method currently being used in the female health tracker is dangerously deceiving. Even those with 28 day cycles, do not always ovulate on cd14. So you are not providing accurate info 😞

Pchil
First Steps

Please add an input for basal temps, at least a place to log the info. 

If there’s a chart or infographic, even better!!!

danielgr
Jogger

Like so many others, my wife needs to monitor her body temperature for tuning fertility treatments. Now she welcomes the new woman-tailored features, but she is missing this one so much.

The tracker doesn't even need to provide such info (because I'm afraid it would be very difficult to do it with the precision required), but it would be enough for the app to support loging it manually, and even better if it could connect with some of the connected thermometers out there, the same way they already connect with third party scales.

JordanGro
First Steps

Please add basal body temperature to the capabilities of Fitbit and to add it to the algorithm. As many have stated it is a reliable way to monitor women's cycles and ovulation.

Kamper16
First Steps

If you partner with Kindara and add BBT I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!

michellebella
First Steps

Please add bbt to female tracking. It’s a much more accurate way to track cycles and ovulation/expected period dates.

ahferg
First Steps

I agree! Currently I am using two other apps to track my BBT and period cycle. It’snice to have that Fitbit app has now calendar to track period and ovulation, but it’s not always accurate. And it’s a pain in the neck to track my period by using three different apps! ( because all of them show the different cycle ) I strongly want that feature for Fitbit app to keep record of BBT!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

R.Cam
First Steps

Is Fitbit planning on adding a feature that will track BBT? This feature would help so many women that are having difficulties conceiving. I hope that this and the many other request for this feature will be taken into consideration and this will be added.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.