Add custom notes to Sleep Log or Rate Sleep

In order to effectively use the sleep log to improve sleep quality, I think it might be helpful to be able to annotate each log entry with comments about things that might affect sleep quality (eg alcohol consumption, use of sleeping tablet, late caffeine intake, late exercise, meditation/ relaxation, consumption of unusual foods etc). Then, on review of several weeks/ months of sleep logs, patterns may become evident.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

295 Comments
Peregrinator
First Steps

I have to occasionaly use sleep meds, which make a significant difference in my sleep cycle and rating.  It would be very helpful to be able to annotate the sleep log with that information.

Klocek94
First Steps

Forget, they don't listen. We have been asking for this for several years

jade.Gold
Jogger
Add a function for daily notes or journal log entry on our today page/ dashboard. for the random Things we would like to make note of. Perhaps to our daily reflections? Or Such as in sleep for dreams or waking up with pain. The period app would also be useful for all the little things you don’t have options for.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @jade.Gold, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding notes to your sleep details. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration".

You can also vote for this other suggestion: Fitbit Journal - Notes on online and app dashboard.

I hope to see you around.

charleskn
Distance Runner

I would also add a user defined rating of sleep. 1-3 or 1-5. I find that how I feel in the morning doesn't track the sleep score, but is reflected better by the REM/Deep sleep time and the restoration percentage. Fitbit could track user self-assessment ratings with scores to not epattenrs.

MJonesCH
Jogger

ABSOLUTELY agree with the ability to annotate daily sleep records!!!!  We all know that alcohol, stress, temperature, exercise, etc. can affect sleep, but I want to know exactly HOW it's doing so.  I'd love the ability to look back at a month, and clearly see correlations.  (i.e., The nights I drank wine, my REM sleep suffered an average of X% or the days I exercised, my Deep sleep improved by X%).  Yes, it's geeky, but it's also useful to identify how specific behaviors help/hurt my sleep...and in what way.  Hope to see the notes feature SOON!!!!

VRES
Jogger
Totally agree. I have requested this for approximately two years now, to no avail. Come on FitBit tech department… you can do it!!
Val Short

Sent from my iPhone
RebelNature
First Steps
Add a note space to sleep or a general space to leave a note per day.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @RebelNature, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a note on your sleep log. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQsYou might be also interested in this other suggestion: Add notes to Activities.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Andrew57
First Steps
It would be great to be able to keep personal notes on the daily sleep report… something like a note pad
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Andrew57, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding notes to sleep. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". I hope to see you around.

joshh347
First Steps
I would love to be able to add notes to my Daily Sleep logs so I can find patterns attributing to good or bad sleep.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @joshh347, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding custom notes to Sleep Log. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Han.roll
First Steps

I realize this is a request from 2017 but I really feel this would be s great addition to the app. Currently, I'm having to use a different app to log this information to take to my GP to talk about my poor sleep. 

VRES
Jogger
Thank you Andrew HOWEVER many FitBit users have been asking for this updated for a few years now, to NO avail!
We’d love to see it added to the sleep log. It would be so beneficial to keep track of activities, food consumption, emotional events etc to see if the effect longitudinally.
Why is it always being updated for consideration but never acted on?? Many many users have requested this update.
Thank you
Valerie Short

Sent from my iPhone
gpajjur
Jogger
Hello,

I have been using fitbit for almost 7 years or more and this morning i was going over my sleep schedule and see how my sleep was and it was pretty good today and it came to me that if i can add some notes to the sleep schedule so i can understand what is different that i did that day to get that good sleep it will be helpful...

In my case
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @gpajjur, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding custom notes to Sleep tile. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". I hope to see you around.

framistat
Jogger

No user should have to wait over 7 years for an enhancement so obviously desired by the community.

Raquel_A
Jogger

In the sleep tracking of your app in the phone you could add a field for notes. for me is quite important, I could for instance write down what I think helped me in a certain night to sleep great and in another terribly

VRES
Jogger
I agree. I’ve been asking for this for a few YEARS It’d be very helpful to keep track of activities or other occurrences that effect our sleep each night.

Sent from my iPhone
Massillon
First Steps
I would like a spot for a notation describing my night's sleep, e.g. "pain in legs."
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Massillon, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding your own notes to describe your night's sleep with us. I noticed a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Shanehill7
Jogger

Yes, I agree! Please add a way to make notes for each night of sleep. It would be so helpful! 

AnotherLuxeUser
First Steps

@Fitbit this suggestion has been here sinse 2015. When will it progress from under consideration? Being able to add personal notes to the sleep log would be a great addition for those of us wantingvto understand sleep trends. Would also be good to amend the sleep log to add time in bed - this isn't currently well captured. Thanks. 

VRES
Jogger
I wholeheartedly agree. I’ve been asking for this type of update for years now. I’ve stopped bothering to request or add to appeals because it’s been ignored for years!! You’re right—it’s been under consideration for over five years now. This should be an easy update for FitBit and would be most helpful to us who are interested in tracking our individual trends.
So PLEASE FitBit do something about this!
VES

Sent from my iPhone
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.