Add custom notes to Sleep Log or Rate Sleep

In order to effectively use the sleep log to improve sleep quality, I think it might be helpful to be able to annotate each log entry with comments about things that might affect sleep quality (eg alcohol consumption, use of sleeping tablet, late caffeine intake, late exercise, meditation/ relaxation, consumption of unusual foods etc). Then, on review of several weeks/ months of sleep logs, patterns may become evident.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

295 Comments
fityfit6
First Steps

I also want this, So I can track when/which sleeping pills are working for me. Along with how late I can play video games and stuff. For now I will find a calendar app. I it should be easy to implement this. Not sure what fitbit has been doing this whole time really.

VRES
Jogger
Totally agree. Does the FitBit community/IT see all these responses?

Sent from my iPhone
Massillon
First Steps

Absolutely. I want to see the effectiveness of a sleeping pill, from the time I took it to the duration of effectiveness, etc.

charleskn
Distance Runner

As much as I like this idea, I would like to see a separate user log to annotate changes such as diet, medications, etc, and to see this cross-referenced to all graphs. Not just sleep. Weight, resting HR, etc.

Wild_walker
First Steps

I wholeheartedly agree. I spent 10 minutes looking for any sort of  note/journal feature which I assumed would exist, and was surprised when I finally realized it is not currently part of the app. 

Jenowens
First Steps

Agree with the other commenter who suggested there are two things people seem to want, simple tags and verbose notes. I want simple, consistent tags I can add to my nights so I know if something happened or not, and then in retrospect can understand how it affects my sleep. Example: my cat sometimes sleeps on my, sometimes on my partner - I’d simply tag “cat” when she’s on me. Or I sometimes braid my hair - do I sleep better or worse when “Braided hair” tag is on a night?

Massillon
First Steps
I would like to be able to tag activity...for example I didn't walk today
because the temp was 28 degrees
Asking4it
First Steps

Love this idea.  I want this feature as well.

Sleeper10
First Steps
I have been noticing the days when I meditate, I sleep much better. As of right now I cannot see the days I meditated, I wish I could add notes to my sleep log to know when I meditated and how it affected my sleep. I also take medicine for my sleep and can’t see how my medicine is affecting my sleep throughout the weeks.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Sleeper10, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about allowing you to add notes in the sleep tile of the Fitbit app. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Sleeper10
First Steps

We need this, great suggestion! 

Massillon
First Steps

Yes, I would like to know how my sleep is affected by a sleeping pill or aches and pains or relationships, etc. AND under activities I would like to know why I didn;t walk that day...no note, no excuse. With a note I can indicate if the weather was the reason or maybe I didn't feel well, or maybe I was too busy.

enicole1
Recovery Runner

Being able to add notes to a sleep log would be a game changer.  Probably going to leave fitbit altogether and move to another sleep tracker unless they add a notes feature.  Like what is the point of looking at the trends on fitbit if we can't add a note to know WHAT made that night sleep good (eg drank alcohol this night, took melatonin this night, etc).  FITBIT PLEASE ADD THIS!

Bonkers that this still does not exist after years of users asking to add.  Would be such an easy feature to add in the app.

Massillon
First Steps
Exactly!
gohlson
Jogger

Okay, 4 years for a feature to be under consideration is way too long, even for Google. Could you please give us an update on this feature as it would really help us to track within the application events that impact the duration and quality of our sleep each night. 

VRES
Jogger
I agree!! Been years that I’ve asked for this feature.

Sent from my iPhone
DylanGuedes
First Steps

will this ever see the light of day? I don't understand why having a product feedback section if none will ever be implemented. Btw I'm considering moving to Whoop just because of the sleep notes feature.

VRES
Jogger
I agree. Why such a problem to add this feature?? Been requesting it for years now!

Sent from my iPhone
TommyTime113
First Steps
I’d like the ability add a simple note to my daily sleep log/score.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @TommyTime113, thanks for sharing this product feedback about being able to add notes to your daily sleep logs with us. This idea was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.