Add custom notes to Sleep Log or Rate Sleep

In order to effectively use the sleep log to improve sleep quality, I think it might be helpful to be able to annotate each log entry with comments about things that might affect sleep quality (eg alcohol consumption, use of sleeping tablet, late caffeine intake, late exercise, meditation/ relaxation, consumption of unusual foods etc). Then, on review of several weeks/ months of sleep logs, patterns may become evident.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

295 Comments
johnbn1
First Steps

I didn't know other tracking apps worked with Fitbit. See these for alternatives:

https://exist.io/

https://www.enquos.com/

https://bearable.app/support/howto/sync-with-other-devices/

VRES
Jogger
AGREED!!! Been asking for this for such a long time now! Come on FitBit IT department!
PS if this email doesn’t go to FitBit, please forward it for me!

Sent from my iPhone
Jake5921
First Steps

I also vote in favor of this. I have sleep issues and what I do during the day and right before bed have an effect. I can log this in a separate app lime Samsung Notes or something but having it included inside Fitbit would keep it all-in-one and very convenient.

TraderX
First Steps
I agree 100%!!

Fitbit really needs to include a "Sleep Notes" function... Just a simple
addition that allows the user to add a few words.

Cheers
Yeahits20
First Steps

I've made this app that integrates with fitbit for sleep tracking free

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samdawson.SleepNotes

jltrask
Recovery Runner
That's great. I'll check it out, but I have apple phone/ipad...
GhostFit
First Steps

This is a key feature missing for me. After years using the Sleep Cycle app, I've seen the benefits first hand of adding sleep notes to better identify patterns in my sleep quality. Please add this into Fitbit.

samcrooke
First Steps

Is the ability to add notes to sleep log under development or have the many requests over the past six years gone unheard?

VRES
Jogger

Apparently they have gone unheard!

--------------------------

YESSSS PLEASE add this feature

Saluana
First Steps
I would like the ability to add notes to my days sleep data. I would be able to log how I personally felt about my sleep, and possibly dreams.
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everybody ! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

@Saluana Tthanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us,this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Please do not forget to vote by clicking on the thumbs up button.

VRES
Jogger
We have been asking for this for over a year now. Call FitBit and complain. Apparently they’re not looking at the community blogs.

Sent from my iPhone
Is Fitbit simply ignoring this request?
VRES
Jogger
Looks that way... I’m sure they have an IT Dept that could add it to an update.

Sent from my iPhone
SWETTS
Jogger
I raised this more than 4 years ago. Nothing. My previous post mentioning another smart watch provider was rejected. Such a shame because I still think this simple change could transform understanding of the causes of poor sleep.
Vote with your feet if you don’t feel this is being addressed.

Sent from my iPhone
VRES
Jogger
I agree-100%. Been asking for this SIMPLE update for at least 2years!

Sent from my iPhone
BrianHMayo
First Steps

It has been over six (6) years now since this feature request was first made.  Why has something as obvious as this and asked for by many not yet been worked into the app?

I am a dedicated Fitbit client for many years owning several different devices.  I primarily use the device for sleep.

Adding the ability to attach a note about the sleep session will increase the usefulness of the recording and analysis of sleep tremendously for those who use this feature of the device and app.

Pretty please!

VRES
Jogger
THANK YOU!! Totally agree and have called support NUMEROUS times with the same request!

Sent from my iPhone
MWW13
First Steps
Brian,

Yes, this is interesting.

Perhaps Fitbit has determined the ROI really isn’t worth anybody’s time. Just a thought.

Maybe doing a workaround like keeping notes elsewhere is the most feasible alternative.

Regards,
Mark
Bgtbasketball
First Steps
Have the ability to input notes when we receive our sleep results.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Bgtbasketball, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to log notes for your sleep details with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

jccp123
First Steps

This would be awesome!

v_raidenus
Jogger

Adding notes or logging common factors that impact your sleep would be really helpful to identify patterns for better - or worse - sleep. There is an android app called Sleep monitor in which the UI for this feature is amazing. 

VRES
Jogger
Been asking for this feature to be updated for a few years now.

Sent from my iPhone
Tamarin
Stepping Up

I was just going to suggest that it would be great to start tracking things that affect your quality of sleep like restless legs / tight muscles which keep me from sleeping well sometimes. I have many rough nights in response to exercising, sometimes it's a sore back sometimes it's my legs or arms (I'm a little older and my muscles don't recuperate like they used to). Sometimes something else wakes me up like animals. Sleep is one of the two main things I use the trackers for.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.