Add custom notes to Sleep Log or Rate Sleep

In order to effectively use the sleep log to improve sleep quality, I think it might be helpful to be able to annotate each log entry with comments about things that might affect sleep quality (eg alcohol consumption, use of sleeping tablet, late caffeine intake, late exercise, meditation/ relaxation, consumption of unusual foods etc). Then, on review of several weeks/ months of sleep logs, patterns may become evident.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

295 Comments
imedave
First Steps

This would be great feature to have. It would really help spot cause and effect. 

JenFreud
Recovery Runner
1) Add the ability to make notes in each sleep log (like “glass of wine with dinner” or “Took 5g melatonin”) and add a comparison tab where you can compare several previous nights Restoration graphs Side by side
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JenFreud, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add custom notes to each Sleep Log. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". I hope to see you around.

irishaideen
Stepping Up
Hi. We were told last September that this had been released.....but nobody
seems to be able to find it! So what's the story?? It should be done by
now, people have been looking for this for ages.
VRES
Jogger

Agreed. Yes we were told this much requested update was released but apparently it was not! It would be an amazing addition to our sleep log. Fitbit please update the software!!

------------------------------------------------

We were told earlier last year that this update was released. Apparently it has not been released and yet it is a much requested update. please update the software to allow your users to add to our personal sleep logs.

pryow
First Steps

Any updates on adding tags to sleep logs? Being able to experiment with and track different activities has me strongly considering the Oura ring even though I have been using the FitBit for over a year, but with the ability to add tags FitBit would definitely be the way to go. 

VRES
Jogger
I’ve been asking for updates to add sleep log notes for about a year now. Shouldn’t be that big a deal for their IT Dept! However thanks for the Oura Ring suggestion. May have to reconsider!

Sent from my iPhone
facucas1
First Steps

I don't know how this isn't a feature already. I want to use fitbit to change my behavior, but it can't use it to correlate my sleeping data with the different things I do during the day (drinking coke, watching tv, etc). Would live to be able to see statistics like "scores with the "late TV" tag tend to be 10% lower" or something like that, would seriously help me to actually take action to improve my sleep

TraderX
First Steps
Absolutely agree!

We need this sleep log "note" function BADLY!
I'm shocked that it's not included already. Seems like such a basic feature!
Come on Fitbit!
Cheers
VRES
Jogger
Been requesting this update fir over a year. I agree, it would help us monitor and/or change our behavior!

Sent from my iPhone
imedave
First Steps

Under consideration for 2 years?? Adding a single-line text field so users can write things like "No phone after 10", "Coffee at 8pm", "Took melatonin"  etc to see impacts of their decisions on sleep. Come on FitBit.

TraderX
First Steps
Agreed!
It's really shocking that Fitbit has not added the "Notes" field!
Fitbit has the best Sleep Tracker in the industry....but can't seem to add
something SO important to the mix.
I wish they would jump all over this one.
It would be very powerful for users.
VRES
Jogger
agree! Come on FitBit

Sent from my iPhone
Yeahits20
First Steps

Hi everyone,

I've made an app that integrates with fitbit that includes this feature.

You can find it on the Google Play Store for android. 

Email me at sam@samdawson.dev if you would like a free license. 

Thanks!

Nannyjuju
First Steps

"Suggestion for Charge 4. I would like a field in the 'today's section where I can add reflection. I would enter info to keep track on various events in the day/night, and whether I had taken any medicines, had caffeine or alcoholic products, to better understand how they impact my sleep quality and health metrics. Doing this and then seeing i

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Nannyjujuthanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about the possibility of having an option to add Reflection or be able to add notes about various events in the day/night (if you take any medicines, have caffeine or alcoholic products), this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is Under Consideration. You can also vote for this other idea posted in the Feature Suggestion board of the Community. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community forums. 

jkeirs
First Steps

From post by LizzyFitbit on 09-25-2020:

“Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the Fitbit app. You can now go to the sleep tile, tap on any sleep log, scroll down and there should be a + sign with a Sleep Journal.”

Hahaha – you guys are killing me!

TraderX
First Steps
Thanks Lizzy!
This will be great!
But I don't see it yet on my app....
There is no + sign when on my daily sleep results....

Is it possible the update hasn't gone out to Apple yet...or all users??

Thanks!
Nannyjuju
First Steps

Nope, not there on my app. There are + but no field to add info?

jkeirs
First Steps

Everyone, I know it's not there yet.  That's the problem.  We were all told back in September of last year that this had been released.  People have complained ever since because it's not there.  And today we get an "update" from @DavideFitbit saying this idea is Under Consideration.  Very frustrating.

TraderX
First Steps
Same for me Nannyjuju!
VRES
Jogger

Many of us Fitbit users have been requesting this option for approximately a year and a half. Would be very nice to see this feature included in an update.

---------------------------------

Agreed! And as of the new version update my Heart Rate graph is no longer working!! 

Klocek94
First Steps

‎05-11-2015 😂 I consider Oura ring and Fitbit but in this case I will choose 1st one.

johnbn1
First Steps

Come on Fitbit. A simple hasttag correlation system isn't that big a thing to implement and yet it could have such a big impact on so many health factors. Do it! Please.

TraderX
First Steps
Agreed!!!
So frustrating!
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.