Add daily/weekly/monthly/yearly totals stats on the new Fitbit app

With the app redesign it appears I can no longer track my weekly miles from the app. When I click through to the secondary screen, I can see my daily miles and my average daily miles even when I go over to week or month.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

31 Comments
snad29
First Steps
The closest I saw to this was a hacky work around posted here as the "accepted answer"
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Other-Versa-Smartwatches/Total-Miles-Run-in-a-Period-of-Time/m-p/390...

And the data export feature doesn't have it either and not user friendly at al
https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1133.htm
Odyssey13
Community Legend

Hi @snad29  I go to my activities area (click to go there) on the right side is a little calendar where you can select the time frame you wish to view. It's really fun to go back and see how many steps you've done. See if that works for you.

KarenCA
Recovery Runner
After App Update to version 4.0, it's harder to see Weekly Step Totals (buried in small text under Daily Average), and it requires extra click on Week tab.
Plus you can't scroll thru history of previous Days with Weekly Total anymore. Appears to only show current week.
Macavity2
Jogger
The new app requires you to filter through more screens to find the same information. Previously, we could scroll day by day through our step count history, It was all on one page. Now, we can look at a week, then have to bounce back to month or year, choose another week, and repeat ad infinitum. There's no reason not to let us scroll down the page
jmom2
First Steps
After the app update last week, I can't see the weekly totals week over week for all categories: steps, calories, miles. I liked how I could see each day's totals and scroll down to see the total for the week and compare day over day or week to week for each of these categories.
KarenCA
Recovery Runner
dwin
Jogger
Weekly steps, distance, floors, calories, active minutes on the previous app was 1 click away with the ability to review previous weeks by scrolling. In the new app it is now 2 clicks away and requires more effort to review previous weeks and you can only see 1 week at a time, making it difficult to compare previous weeks. Can we return to 1 click.
MissShyBee
Jogger

Absolutely agree with you! This change has just made the app more challenging/annoying to use

karen.beattie
First Steps
The new app is awful and doesn’t show list of daily steps with weekly totals like previous version. It now shows average.
Lhamilny11
First Steps

Completely agree.  This feature is very important and needs to return.

ChristopherS.
First Steps
The app gives a historical breakdown of the energy burned each hour. That is helpful, but It would be beneficial if it also showed the total energy burned up to that point. For example, if you clicked on noon, you would see the amount of energy burned during the noon hour AND the total burned up until noon.
SRD47
First Steps

I agree.  I use(d) this feature daily.  I always try to get as many steps each day as I did in previous week on that day.  Too many screens to get the same info now.  Does anyone actually like the upgrade?

CaptRandy
Jogger

I DON'T want to see a strictly Sun - Sat steps display.  When a new week starts, I can't easily compare with the previous week because FitBit "starts over" with Sunday's values.  I liked it a lot more when I just saw the last 7 days and I could scroll back 1 day at a time.

Frankly, for me the daily display is useless.  It might be important for others though.

Thanks

Fitdog2
First Steps
I used to be able to scroll the stats on the app to see my weekly totals to compare the numbers; this motivated me to make the next week better; and the month better even if one week happened to be low due to weather or my schedule; the bar charts do nothing for me, they are hard to read and you can’t compare the weeks with tiny little bar charts;
dokradim
First Steps
Biggest number in Active Zones weekly view should be total zone minutes, not daily average. What the hell good is a daily average, if my average is 50 minutes, but I haven't moved a muscle on two of the days? How is this the first and biggest number you show?
chasrun
First Steps
Some feedback on recent software update/redesign: I would like to see my week to date totals on main dashboard. I now have search through multiple screens to find this. Charles Wintczak
Tuckersue
Keeping Pace

This was one of my biggest motivating stats. If not the biggest. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @higginbob and commenters, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about having your daily, weekly, monthly and yearly totals stats easily displayed on the new Fitbit app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

PedroDelMar
Jogger
The new app update is a step backwards. Lots of the reporting I used on a daily and weekly basis has disappeared. Is it possible to move back to the old app format?
Scott337
Tempo Runner

@PedroDelMar wrote:
... Is it possible to move back to the old app format?

Not easily, no. It's not impossible, but not super easy to do that.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Tap your step tile, then tap Week. 

Screenshot_20231111_181955.png

lupinibean
Jogger

The "fix" described above by Rich is not a fix. It shows you the total number of steps you took for that week only. What I believe the OP is asking for, based on the first thing mentioned and also in the body of the post,  is a week by week comparison. For example, you used to be able to see you took a total of 50,000 steps this week, 49,000 the week before, 48,000 the week before that, etc etc etc. You could also look up total of calories burned from week to week.  Both were REALLY easy to find and REALLY helpful and motivating. This "daily average" business is, frankly, crap. 

PedroDelMar
Jogger

Thanks lupinibean, absolutely spot on 👍

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@lupinibean currently, the only thing I can see is to tap month, and multiply the daily average by 7

lupinibean
Jogger

@Rich_Laue  that's exactly what I've been doing since Fitbit foisted this update on us. And it certainly can't be called a hardship to do some simple math. But that makes me wonder why on earth Fitbit took this away to begin with. It was really great to tell at a glance where you were with total steps and calories as the week progressed. You could also easily look from week to week and see how your total steps and calories burned compared. Now I am going back to keeping stats written on a calendar, and it's just going backwards. I am absolutely baffled on why Fitbit thought it would be a good idea to take away this very helpful feature (and so many others). I have an annoyingly logical mind and always want to know the "why" beyond decisions. There's nothing I can come up with here. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.