Bring back step streak on new Fitbit app

I am on day 997 of getting 10,000 or more steps a day in a row. I was looking forward to seeing 1,000 on a few days. I can’t believe you took that feature away.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
513 Comments
KarenCA
Recovery Runner

Congrats on getting to 997, and soon 1000.  My biggest streaks ended at 565 & 912.  I actually don't remember the app showing a cumulative total, but that's awesome, and I agree it's a huge motivator!  Bring that back please!

WillKelly
Jogger

I totally agree. Looks like the Step Streak Banner has been removed as well.  I hope they bring it back I was at 899 step streak. 

WillKelly
Jogger

The step steak was a motivation tool 😀.. Fitbit corky stuff is what made it interesting. 

nascarjh
First Steps

New app SUCKS!!!  you all took away the step streak banner and i am 15 days from hitting 365 days of 10,000 steps a day. New app SUCKS!!

I completely agree, this was a huge motivator for me and the number one reason I use my Fitbit. Please bring it back!

Rainmom61
Recovery Runner

Are you going to bring back total days in a row steps? I was at @950 and looking forward to 1000. If not, I’m switching to a tracker that does. Anyone have suggestions of other tracker’s that track total days?

KmanG
First Steps

I cannot believe they took this away plus the battery level indicator. They were basics but motivated me. Why change what wasn’t broken?! Thinking now of moving away from Fitbit as very annoyed 

Rainmom61
Recovery Runner

Completely agree on all points. If they don’t bring back the days in a row & battery life indicator I’m definitely switching to a different brand instead of Fitbit. 
Anyone have suggestions on what brand has these two features?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Fitbit Support just confirmed to me there will no longer be a step streak counter in the new app. Please, please fix this before all apps switch over. This is the only fitbit functionality I care about and it’s ridiculous it’s being removed without warning.
Tim1021
First Steps

I totally agree removing the step streak makes no sense. It is the one think that I really follow on Fitbit! As I am not happy with the new look. The old look was simple easy to use!

CDNRhonda
First Steps

Extremely angry you took away the step streak!  I was on 1122 and it was the main reason I stayed with Fitbit instead of going to the competitor.  If it doesn’t return soon guess I will be continuing my step streak while having an ‘APPLE’ a day, 😳

Krr2
First Steps
Latest ap update leaves out my favorite feature that gives the number of consecutive days the step goal is met. Have been a long time Fitbit user, but this is a deal killer for me. Will look for a different tracker.
Pstevoh
First Steps

I woke up to the same issue. The step streak banner has disappeared and the new app looks very basic and barebones now. Unacceptable!

Pstevoh
First Steps

I’m very disappointed that the step streak feature is gone. Fitbit chat just told me it’s gone forever! 

chat wrote: Some feature are not available

that was the motivational feature that made it all worthwhile. Gone forever?

SassyStepper822
First Steps

This is so frustrating!  I was at 637 days of my step goal (10K) and today it is just gone!  This is one of the reasons when everyone told me to get an apple watch I refused.  Is it really gone for good????

BozoNoNo
First Steps

I agree with the others lamenting the apparent loss of the “step streak” feature.  My streak was 738 days when suddenly the entire app format changed and all my streak data vanished.  Not much motivation to push through and complete the daily minimum steps without this feature.  Basic format of dashboard home page is an embarrassment as well.  Who designed that?!

LG555
Jogger

I am also deeply disappointed about this. Did Fitbit even think to poll users before removing this feature? 

GymRatt
Jogger

I agree.  What bonehead decided on their own to remove this feature?  Please replace it IMMEDIATELY and restore step streak counts.

andrewbrobinson
First Steps
Step streak feature really worked with many of us and is certainly consistent with a Fit(anything) brand. It is counterintuitive to remove such a feature from a brand called “Fitbit”.
toniinboston
Jogger

I am in total agreement with these comments - the consecutive days over 10,000 steps was a winner.  I was at 1123 and looking forward to more and more.  It was fun and encouraged continuing.  So very disappointed.  I also agree about the format - previous screens were better.  We can hope that they provide an option to go back - I would definitely sign up for that.  Hopefully............

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Bring back the step streak along with the little fireworks for completing daily goals. Making Fitbit “gamified” was a huge motivator. Are badges gone, too? 

garyh69
First Steps

Need the step streak.  dammit I was getting close to a year

SteveMcQ
Jogger

100% agree.  My most used feature of the app and quite honestly the only reason I use the fitbit product.  Removing features is never an 'upgrade'.

Wheresmystreak
First Steps
I was informed by Fitbit that they have removed the daily step streak in the newest update.
codybearsmom
Jogger

I can commiserate with you! I am on day 995 and was so looking forward to seeing 1000 daily step streak! Why would they take such a motivating tool off the app? Worked very hard to keep that daily step streak going, I am so annoyed! This new app is awful, you can't even customize it anymore. Would love to have floors on the top with the steps and zone minutes.  I am NOT a happy customer!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.