Bring back step streak on new Fitbit app

I am on day 997 of getting 10,000 or more steps a day in a row. I was looking forward to seeing 1,000 on a few days. I can’t believe you took that feature away.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
513 Comments
Nick44
First Steps
This was one of the best features to promote daily exercise.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

IMG_7935.jpeg

They don’t even know what they removed 🙄

Drdebk
Jogger
The removal of the step streak feature is a huge disappointment
Saint14
First Steps
Why did you remove streaks from the latest update? My daughter and I rely on the streak feature and we both have a long one going. If the feature is not added back in, we will be seriously investigating other tracking devices. Usually apps add new features, not remove them! Have you completely lost your senses?
KAF25
First Steps

Tracking the number of days I have hit my step goal has been a huge driving force for my continued exercise. It causes me to get moving more! Please, please add this feature back. My most important things are to see the number of steps today, and how many consecutive days I've reached that goal.

tpastika
First Steps
The new app update no longer has consecutive days streak longer than a year! FIX THIS PLEASE!!! If the overall goal of FITBIT is to encourage people to stick with a program and keep motivated, why would Fitbit kill this feature?? YEARS of fitness streak days lost. Please fix this feature immediately!
Ewilder828
First Steps
I want the step streak counter back!
garyehre
First Steps
Please bring back the feature showing consecutive days of 10k steps. It is a powerful motivator. I’m begging you.

Gary
Katylyst
First Steps

Why on earth remove this feature? I was at 430 consecutive days and the count was a HUGE motivator. Please FIX IT or rollback this app release until it’s back in.

Meanwhile, I am going to seek other trackers that have this. 

Roshunt
Stepping Up

Totally agree. I found this very motivating....I was only a month or so off 1234 days of 10K steps a day, including when I had Covid 19!! You would have thought that some beta testing with a range of users would have taken place before removing some of the functionality of the app.

LynneP_
First Steps

I got on live chat this AM and asked about the disappearing step streak banner, and the customer service person said and 'the fitbit team is working to resolve issues with the new app'. I pressed her on whether the banner would come back, and she said she couldn't guarantee that but confirmed a ton of users want to bring it back. Fingers crossed!

Stretchmo68
Stepping Up

Before updating the app this morning, I had a 149-day step streak going. Now that streak- and the motivation it provided - is gone, along with the battery indicator I’ve come to rely on.

Fitbit, PLEASE listen to your customers. We wouldn’t bring these issues to your attention if they weren’t vitally important to us. The previous version wasn’t perfect, but it was so much better than this abomination you’ve released on us.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Already ordered my new I watch 9. So disappointed.
dgmorris
Jogger

I am so upset the step streak was removed with the update. No notice? I am 20 days short of 3 years and 10K steps minimum per day. It was such a motivator. Please bring it back!

Weems
First Steps
battery life needs to be added back to home screen, as well as the very motivating "you have xx number of days w 10K steps" should be added back, that was a great option.
wizard1066
Jogger

I was on day …

IMG_4187.png

lizd1348
Recovery Runner

Google - please bring back the streak. 

Do you really have to take away everything we loved about Fitbit?  Most of us did not choose to purchase a Google watch, we purchased a Fitbit for all the things they offered and we loved - this is what motivated us.  And now... it is more like we're casualties of the business merger; you've taken away challenges, badges, and now the most loved and very motivating step streak. We are more like hostages to a smartwatch that no longer gives us what we want or what we need. Please don't be "that" company in a world where the cost of living is out of control. You know a majority of us, even though we are upset, won't purchase a new watch because we can't.  Be the company that reads what your consumer wants and says... we're sorry we didn't know it was that important and we'll put the streak back.  And oh by the way we have a lot of great changes coming that will make you love your Fitbit even more!  That's a company that I and many others want to give our money to and whom we'll be loyal to and most importantly will motivate us.  Thanks for listening.

wizard1066
Jogger

and to be honest it was one of the few features that kept me using Fitbit… I guess it’s time to start looking elsewhere.. pity been a customer since 2016.

Eccleberry
First Steps

Please bring back the step streak!  It's literally the second most important motivator for me, behind step count itself.

AuntieBlinky
First Steps

What everyone else is saying about the step streak and it being a (1) motivator and (2) positive reinforcement. I literally wanted to cry when you took it away. I can't even imagine the feelings of the people here about to crush 1000 days. BRING IT BACK and don't make us have to re-up our streaks!

sydneymarie
First Steps

How dare FitBit remove the step streak instead of fixing the problem that has been going on for 2 years of resetting user's streaks. This is such a motivating tool. You have the data! How can you not take the time to fix the bugs to prevent resets and give us our motivator back! I was on day 477 when FitBit reset me to 4 days, but a least I could add the current days to my old days in my records. Shame on you FitBit!!

mhnsn
First Steps
😥

--
KyleHall
First Steps

The step streak banner was my favorite part of Fitbit and what kept me motivated to keep going. They already took away all the challenges and there is not much left here to keep us interested. I feel like the fact that they took it away indicates they do not fully understand their target audience.  My Fitbit is getting old and if they do not bring it back, I will probably not get a new one.  I've had about 7 of their products over the years, but if they don't care I might as well just use my Apple Watch. 

dsmaynard
Recovery Runner

The step streak banner was a major motivator for me, and the reason I have stayed loyal to Fitbit. I cannot understand why Google would make the decision to remove this feature. It almost seems like Google is tring to sabotage the Fitbit brand by removing the feature that keeps many users tied to the Fitbit brand.  I don't want to walk away from a three year effort maintain my streak, but Google seems to be pushing me away with this update.

TinHatRanch
First Steps

I️ was on day 91x when they pulled this stunt. I’m a premium member and have NOT been happy with the hardware. I’m on my third Fitbit during the streak. I️ can say if this isn’t resolved quickly, I️ will be an Apple watch customer.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.