Add dancing to the Exercise app on Charge 5

I'd like to see dancing added as a tracked workout. To be more specific, I'd like it to be accessible via the exercise shortcuts on the watch itself, so users can just hit 'start' on the watch as they would with a run, hike, swim, bike ride, or workout, so the fitbit tracks steps, heart rate, zone minutes, and calories for the dance class.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

6 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SVJK, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding dancing to the Exercise app on Charge 5 with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Jrcx
First Steps

Yes please! Read in another post it's already available in other models. I just got my Charge 5, and Dancing is Life!*

Stay healthy everyone

Tangomac
First Steps

I completely agree. Why no ballet, tap, ballroom or Latin dancing? Is, for example ballet dancing or Irish dancing not recognised as athletic and cardio? What do the app designers have against dancers? 

Picnicgirl
First Steps

I’m adding my voice to requests to add Zumba, dance or aerobic to the shortcut!!! Zumba is my exercise of choice and I can see no reason for it not to be added. Dancing is particularly good for over 50s. Please remember Fitbit users come in all shapes and sizes!!

Judiazt
First Steps
I would like dance to track steps, time, heart rate, etc. on charge 5.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Judiazt, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding dancing to the Exercise app on Charge 5 with us. Because this product feedback was already requested on this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.