Add distance/laps or lengths while tracking swim on Sense 2/Versa 4

In the "Sense" I can personalize the data I see while swimming including the distance covered and the number of lengths. This is absent in "Sense 2" rendering it useless. Please restore this function to the "Top Line" Fitbit device.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

19 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Gr4ndp4, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding distance while tracking swim on Sense 2 with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

EveSacks
Jogger

It makes no sense to take away this feature. I was planning to buy my son the sense 2 but now I won’t be. This is a feature I use several times a week and I don’t replace my current sense with a fitbit if the feature is not restored. Why spend money and effort with new features when something that was available on the versa is what’s going to make a difference in whether someone buys a fitbit?

Carla85
First Steps
Swim exercise function should display distance/laps or lengths not just time.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Carla85, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding distance/laps or lengths while tracking swim on Sense 2. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Maggeno
First Steps

So Fitbit also fooled me. I thought the latest more expensive model would be better then the sense 1. Guess Fitbit developers don't swim.

As there are only a few likes, this is never going to happen but I would love to be proven wrong.

EveSacks
Jogger

So how to raise awareness? It’s mad as my versa had it maybe 5 years ago? Why take away a feature like this?

Karin.c
First Steps
I have a sense two and when swimming you can see time and time swimming but it would be great if you could see laps swum, Apple Watch has this functionality and it would be great if Fitbit had this
eebtan
Stepping Up

displaying laps swum in addition to the time during the swim is a very very useful feature. please include this in the next software update.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Karin.c, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about displaying more stats while swimming with your Sense 2. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

CraigoGrehan
Jogger
I see on my swim exercise the only live info I can see is time. No info on laps until AFTER the event. Much like a walk, the info of length/distance would be very informative for most swimmers here as a LIVE figure to see & improve upon.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @CraigoGrehan, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about displaying laps or lengths on your Sense 2 during your swim activity with us. Because this product feedback was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Lisa_P05
First Steps
The original Sense offered on-screen data for swim e.g. laps, distance, splits, etc. I am very disappointed that the Sense 2 does not have this feature as I used it daily. Please bring this back.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Lisa_P05, thanks for sharing this product feedback about allowing the Sense 2 to display more stats during your swim activity with us. Because this idea was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Jaffaty
Jogger
My original Versa showed my swim lap count on the device in real time. This was very helpful when swimming laps to be able to concentrate on strokes and not counting laps. Versa 4 only shows lap count in the app on my phone after synching, making it useless as a lap counter during a swim workout,.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jaffaty, thanks for sharing this product feedback about showing swim laps on your Versa 4 during your exercise tracking with us. This idea was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

MellySu
First Steps

I have just upgraded from an original Versa (it stopped being able to tell the correct time) and I couldn't believe that the laps weren't featured on screen. When I checked the community boards, I saw some people complaining that the feature had gone as early as Versa 2, so I thought I might be wasting my time posting my frustrations that it was not available now.

But when I came across this post that it was available on the original Sense, I am at a loss as to why this is downgraded in the more up to date version of the watch. Surely keeping the exercise trackers identical would be better than actively making them worse - unless were they copied from watches with less 'features'.

I have also voted on some of the other feedback/requests for some of the other things I consider to be missing e.g. music controls, Gmail only email notifications etc. Multiple devices on the same account would be helpful - she may not be able to tell the time, but my old Versa can still tell how long 50m is and count in sequential numbers! However, I guess I can now tell my watch I am feeling frustrated. Not sure that's a fair trade...

Kitty42
First Steps

The whole reason I got a Versa 4 was to track my swimming. Only showing 'time' is pointless, that's what the poolside clock is for! 

It needs to show lengths/distance in real time, as we are swimming, not after we've got out of the pool, showered, dressed, synced our watch to the app and then, finally, see how we have done. 

Will lengths/distance be added to the Versa 4, to show in real time, as we are actually swimming?

EveSacks
Jogger
I have a sense and I bought a spare for when it stops working. Sense 2 doesn’t have this feature. I wouldn’t buy another Fitbit. Time is for the clock on the wall.
49ermonk
First Steps

When I bought my Sense 2 a couple of years ago I used to be able to set a goal for distance, but now I cannot. I am training for a Triathlon so this feature is very important for my training when I am in a body of water other than a pool. I will look at other watches 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.