Add heart rate tracking to Ace Series for sleep tracking, Relax feature & HR data

Edited for clarity on 10/22/18, since my original post seems to have been misleading:

------------------------

Several months ago, my 8 year old participated in an important all-day assessment. Leading up to the big day, she was experiencing symptoms of anxiety. On the day of the assessment, we let her wear a Charge 2 and taught her to use the relaxation breathing function on her own. It was an invaluable tool  in guiding her breathing and refocusing her attention. It gave her the confidence she needed to take on a scary day when we couldn't be with her. It didn't even fit her properly and the function still worked perfectly fine for her. 

I am sad to see that the Fitbit Ace does not have something similar to the relax feature. Please add it!!! Today’s kids are more anxious than any previous generation and most of them already know the benefits of mindful breathing. 

Many people have said that I am asking for something that can't be done without heart rate sensing. This is not the case. I believe Fitbit could easily create the code for a simple timed-breathing exercise to guide children through regulating their breathing that would not require heart rate sensing IN ANY WAY. They key to the feature's success is the visual cues for inhaling and exhaling at regular intervals. Kids LOVE the circle growing and shrinking around the heart. 

Still others have said that Fitbit is focused only on getting kids more active. If that's the case, I'm very disappointed. My Fitbit Charge2 does a lot of things for me besides getting me more active. I would hope that FitBit's goal for a device for kids would be a little more robust and ambitious than a Bluetooth enabled pedometer. The Ace, as it is currently designed, is just that and therefore not worth what Fitbit is charging.  

Moderator Edition Labels & title

67 Comments
Mae0626
First Steps

I bought my daughter the Ace 2 for Christmas thinking I could monitor her heart rate. At first I thought I set it up wrong. I am very saddened that it does not track this. I am happy that I can see her sleep, however I would like to monitor her heart rate as well. Please add this feature. 

GulcinM
First Steps

It should be a default feature of fitbit and i find it very useful to track it for children as well. Very disappointed when I bought it for my niece... it should come to fitbit ace 2 as well!!! 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @GulcinM, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on Fitbit Ace 2. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

eburlingame1986
First Steps
The ace 2 needs a heart rate added.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @eburlingame1986, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add heart rate tracking to Ace 2. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

OhGeezus
Jogger
Create a child’s Fitbit or an ACE 3 with the heart rate tracker
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @OhGeezus. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you would like to have a kids Fitbit device with heart rate monitor included. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Kitkat49
First Steps
I don’t understand why the Ace 3 does not actively track heart rate. If it is able to track sleep that means it has the ability to track heart rate, so why can I not track my child’s heart rate throughout the day?
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Kitkat49thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about the possibility of adding heart rate tracking for Ace 3, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is Not currently planned. This helps to keep the forums more organized. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

LinaMK
First Steps
We would love to get our kid a Fitbit. The three kid options do not track heart rate.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @LinaMK, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to track heart rate data with the Ace series with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Jjordan6515
First Steps
Heart Rate monitor activated on the Ace 3 for kids.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jjordan6515, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add heart rate tracking to Ace 3. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

TaniaRyl
Strider
signal for mom when the baby woke up.
healthy sleep control
food intake control
activity control
recording sounds around the baby
with an affinity to the parent's tracker
GPS
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @TaniaRyl, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about tracking children' sleep. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Clarkeboy
First Steps
Putting the heart rate monitor on kids devices.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Clarkeboy, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about allowing kids Fitbit devices to track heart rate readings with us. Your feedback is appreciated and because a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.