Add long term personalized training programs to Fitbit Premium

As I'm experimenting with FitBit Premium, I'm still trying to figure out the benefits of it. One important thing that FitBit Premium could do is basically compete with apps such as BodBot and offer personalized training plans that would last longer than 2-3 weeks. The advantage of FitBit is that you have our heartbeat rate and you can use it to get more information to help us get the most personalized program available.
I know that FitBit Coach exists, but it doesn't seem to be too smart: it won't even say on which days to train. Something more sophisticated would be helpful and could add real value that would help it compete with other apps on the market.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

4 Comments
Status changed to: Needs More Info
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @fabibabi. Thanks for sharing your Feature Suggestion with the Fitbit Community. To understand this idea better, please confirm if you'd like to see a long term program in Premium or in the Fitbit Coach app, since both will offer different programs for you. We look forward to your response.

fabibabi
Jogger

From my understanding, Fitbit premium is supposed to replace Fitbit Coach at some point, doesn't it?

I guess I would like to be able to leverage the data coming from my Fitbit to customize the training program and have something that is more long term (like Fitbit Coach, but more sophisticated).

Hope this explains better. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @fabibabi. Thanks for confirming that you'd like to have long term personalized training programs to Fitbit Premium. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Just to clarify, Fitbit Premium is a personalized resource in the Fitbit app that includes guided programs, insights and other tools to help you reaching your goals. On the other hand, Fitbit Coach is a separated app in which you can stream personalized video workouts on your phone or computer.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

wjamesw
First Steps

How can I vote for this feature?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.