Add notes to Activities

Consider providing the ability to edit activities entries.  As an example, a weightlifter may set an activity for weights  on the Ionic.  The ability to edit that entry would give the ability to add specifics ie arms, chest, back, etc. as well as a potential notes section to record other pertinent info about the session. This would apply across almost any activity discipline; run, row, cycle etc..  In addition, provide the ability to edit the date when entering an activity from the dashboard, without having to delete the activity and start over.  Thanks in advance

102 Comments
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MightyAtom, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on your exercises. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

LKMcLeod
First Steps

Can we have a place in the app where we can jot notes? I've started a circuit training routine and would like to jot a note or two but there doesn't appear to be a place to do that. Thanks. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LKMcLeod, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on your Fitbit activites. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Richardjj
Jogger

Could a memo space be put into the daily log for memos like it rained today or snowed or uncle Ben visited so when you look back 2-3 weeks wondering why I was short on steps?

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Richardjj, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on your Fitbit activities. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

DillweedDan
First Steps

There needs to be a tab for "exercise notes" when going back and viewing a workout in the app.  This is useful to track a number of things such as: weight lifting exercises (sets, reps, weight), notes for music that was particularly helpful during a workout, weather/temp. Info, and any other useful info that isn't captured in Fitbit workouts.  I see in other threads where the moderator has said an app developer has made an app for it, but that doesn't help us because we would have to enter data in another app, or on our watch (which would be ridiculous).  Fitbit has to develop some of this into the core app because weight lifting is an area that lacks in the Fitbit world.  We just need a simple notepad/text field as a tab in the completed exercise view of the Fitbit app.  We have to be able to track our progress!  Thanks

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DillweedDan, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

wendywang123
First Steps
A notes section would allow users to track details about their workout/exercise. For example, users would be able to write "I completed an arms and ab workout today and I would like to do a legs workout next time".
zaacckb
Recovery Runner

This is a great idea. 😁

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @wendywang123, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add notes to Fitbit activities. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

MarcusAWatson
First Steps
I think that every time you track or record an exercise, persons should be able to go into the activity and add some notes or details. For example, if I had categorized a workout as Weights, and wanted to keep track of what I did I could enter the specific routine I completed and the weights lifted so that the next time I could refer to this note.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MarcusAWatson, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add notes to your workouts. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. You can also add your vote to this similar suggestion: Allow for notes to be entered when entering weight. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Buzzi75
Jogger
Guys, is 2021, and this is a big miss. The app should have an option to annotate or add a comment to a work out or activity. How am I feeling? (mood meter?) What was challenging? what should I improve or pay attention to the next time I do the activity.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Buzzi75, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add notes to activities on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

bill.santus
First Steps
We have started using the GPS Tracking for our hikes & walks. We live in an area where we see wildlife each time we are out. We would like to log the animals we see and note the temp and overall weather. Is something on the current development path for Charge 4 to provide this feature?
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @bill.santus, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add notes on the Fitbit. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Lusiaczek
Recovery Runner
If I ride a stationary bike, my watch doesn't connect to its data. There is no way to edit 'spinning' workout. Nice future would be also adding notes to my workout for example how it went, in what cycles I did it, etc.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Lusiaczek, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add notes to your activities. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Offroadxj
Jogger
Just add a "notes" section for workouts! For example, if I'm lifting weights, I should be able to enter the type and amount of each exercise I did. Or of I'm hiking, the amount of weight in my pack. I've seen this mentioned in the forums multiple times. Should be an easy fix. It's actually pretty concerning that it hasn't been done already.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Offroadxj, thanks for explaining why you would like to add notes to activities. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

CABG15
First Steps
It would be nice if I could put a free text comment each day.
For example:
Long walk in the park.
or
Day in bed with flu.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @CABG15, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add notes to activities. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

TheWizardOfOz
Jogger
Please give the ability to add a simple note to the workout in the Fitbit app. It would be great to make notes about workouts, like PRs or anything of note that could add some depth to the workout data besides heart rate and steps.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @TheWizardOfOz, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about the possibility to add simple notes to workouts in the Fitbit app, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned; this helps to keep the forums for organized. 

We appreciate the time you've taken to share your idea, don't forget to add your vote as well. Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

TylerTrundle
First Steps
On the iOS application, when editing an exercise on the app that has been created from the device or app: I think there should be a way to have one note per exercise or even better to be able to add, edit, or remove notes in a notes section. I think this should all be controlled on the right hand corner with 3 dots where it just says Note or Notes.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.