Add notes to Activities

Consider providing the ability to edit activities entries.  As an example, a weightlifter may set an activity for weights  on the Ionic.  The ability to edit that entry would give the ability to add specifics ie arms, chest, back, etc. as well as a potential notes section to record other pertinent info about the session. This would apply across almost any activity discipline; run, row, cycle etc..  In addition, provide the ability to edit the date when entering an activity from the dashboard, without having to delete the activity and start over.  Thanks in advance

102 Comments
Bec0
First Steps

Yep. I totally agree. I want to be able to record reps and sets for specific exercises. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
pofd
Recovery Runner

how it's not planned to add a text files is VERY disappointing. 

even a tweet size add on would be sufficient. 

disappointed. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Agreed. Feels like a total cop out on fitbits part and is pushing me towards iwatch/Garmin for ease. I hate having multiple apps instead of one succinct one 

@SantiR
Sb_Variar
First Steps

For logged exercises suggest you to include a note so that user can add/ edit a customized noting. Like, for example ' jogged with Mary this morning from home to lake front and back". This facility will add value. Currently the type of exercise is recognized by device and displayed in App ( also editable) but no provision for useful notes from the perspective of the user. Thanks SB Variar 

Moderator edit: Remove personal information

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Sb_Variar, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us,this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

After a workout, there should be a way to write down what excersises you did to help track progress over the year. I think this has been suggested before, but it is a simple feature that is extremely useful. How would i remember that i did 50 squats, when all that is saved is HR data and calories?

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @SunsetRunner! Thank you for taking the time to share your idea with the Community, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. You can still vote by clicking on the thumbs up button.

climb511
First Steps

Versa - ability to type in notes after a workout and store them with the activity

hqqiu
Recovery Runner

Is it possible that I can write note on my workout to record something?

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @hqqiu! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

Melsunshine
Jogger

In the Fitbit app can there be a notes section on the daily dashboard. I want to track which body muscle group that I am lifting for that day and the amount of weight I’m lifting. It would be good to keep a record. 

jpw1201
First Steps

Allow users to enter notes about workouts into the app under the workout log activity section. This would allow users to track how they felt during workout or to log number of reps and weights used during a workout for easy convince to reference later. 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @jpw1201, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

Gemesk
Jogger

I would like to be able to add personal notes in the app to the activities I track. Such as where I was hiking/walking. Things I would do differently on the activity next time. And small personal notes about the activities. 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Gemesk, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

Cardio33
Jogger

Example:  I have tennis saved as one of my activities.  I would like to be able to get on the dashboard and drop a small note on that specific workout date, examples like:

Ex1:  "singles tennis match, won 6-2 6-2"

Ex2:  "Basketball at xxx Park not tennis"

Anyone know if the website has a feature where I can add notes to my logged workouts?  Thanks in advance for you time.

Felicitywendy
First Steps

In the app it would be great to have a place to right exercise notes for each work out. Eg this workout was a Personal training session. 

or even to be able to write notes about what you did in the session - the exercises you did within that workout out. 

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@Felicitywendy Thanks for your suggestion.

I found a similar idea so I moved your post to this thread to keep the Community more organized. Please check the post above related to this request.

DawnSeven
Jogger

I’d like to be able enter a short note/comment about my exercise besides just categorizing it.  Trail taken when walking, whether yoga was a class or DVD, whether my run was at the park or the track, etc. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DawnSeven, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. This is not currently planned at this moment. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

ewingsri
First Steps

How about an area on the app where you can note information about why you had so many or so few steps that day... you were sick, traveling, went to a museum, etc. Would be very useful.

bmatkinson
First Steps

Suggestion: under exercise (the 5 out of 5 day screen) there should be a notes section where we can type in the workout we did.

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @bmatkinson, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about the possibility of adding notes to our workouts, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

However, this idea is still open to votes, so the team can continue to track popularity and demand over time.

MightyAtom
First Steps

Please can a function be added to workouts so that I can log what I did e.g. type of circuit training, AMRAP, EMOM, etc. This could even be a pick list to support data analysis and filtering.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.